Integration of the CommCareHQ and MOTECH servers

Rupa Kumari

Aug 29, 2014, 4:28:00 AM8/29/14
to motec...@googlegroups.com

Hello guys,

I have a query, How to integrate CommCareHQ  and MOTECH servers(Motech Backend)?? Actually i want to retrieve those reports on my motech backend which is store in commcarehq. in commcarehq save all forms which is sync through android commcare application.

Thanks

Cory Zue

Aug 29, 2014, 11:05:54 AM8/29/14
to motech-dev, commcare-developers
Hi Rupa,

I noticed you sent this to both the commcare and motech lists so I'm combining them into a single thread.

The basic way this works is that you setup your motech instance and then configure almost everything there. I think the motech team can elaborate on that or point you to any documentation they have.

Cory

Rupa Kumari

Sep 1, 2014, 5:46:32 AM9/1/14
to motec...@googlegroups.com, commcare-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Team,

MOTECH setup with core-platform in Ubuntu environment and able to start the application. We followed all the steps mentioned in Motech 0.24 Snapshot document. Now I want to integrate CommcareHq with Motech server.  Actually i want to retrieve those reports on my motech backend which is store in commcarehq. In commcarehq save all forms which is sync through android commcare application.

Regards
Rupa

Robert LaRubbio

Sep 3, 2014, 6:24:10 PM9/3/14
to motech-dev
Rupa,
   So if I understand correctly you have a commcare account that is receiving forms, and you have MOTECH installed.  Now you want to access the data in commcare in MOTECH.

The first thing you'll have to do is configure MOTECH so it knows the url for your commcare server and a username and password that it can connects as.  Once that is done then there are two different ways to access the data:

One way to do that is via code.  You can write a module in MOTECH that can load cases and forms from commcare using a java api.

The other way to do that is to configure commcare to forward cases and forms as they are submitted. (You can configure that at the same time you set the url, username and password).  You can then use the tasks module within motech to react to the form submissions and take action based on their contents.

If you have more specific questions about what you need to do with the data then we might be able to help more.

-Rob

Rupa Kumari

Sep 8, 2014, 5:43:28 AM9/8/14
to motec...@googlegroups.com, rlar...@grameenfoundation.org
Hello Rob

Thanks for your reply.

commcarehq data display into Motech Commcare UI, it works.

When i added commcare module in core platform, then some tables are created in backend DB - i.e. motech_data_services.

Actually i want to know the commcarehq data which are visible in Motech UI,are also stored anywhere in these commcare tables or in some other tables of motech DB?? Can you say that how those commcarehq data which are visible in Motech UI show on Motech Backend??

Regards
Rupa