MSC Monthly Community Gathering - January 17th 2024

rick davies

Jan 11, 2024, 6:07:33 PMJan 11
to MostSignificantChange (MSC) email list
 Hi everyone - who has registered their interest in participating in any of the now monthly MSC community gatherings in the Remo virtual conference environment.

This is a reminder that the next gathering will be on Weds 17th January at 10.30 AM GMT and repeated again the same day at 6pm GMT. We have two sessions on the same day in order to reach people in very different time zones ( Australasia and the Americas), as well as those in between. By the way,  if you have already attended other MOG events, please share your feedback on those events using this brief survey: https://ee-eu.kobotoolbox.org/x/SJA4Mq5Q

In this January event we have a number of pre-identified  topic options that you might want to take part in, each led by a MSC Working Group member with a specific interest in that topic. They are as follows:

  • AM session:

    • Nur Hidayati can facilitate a discussion about Analysing SC stories: Meta Monitoring and Secondary Analysis

    • Kornelia Rassman would like to facilitate a session on either  i) Marrying qualitative evaluation approaches (such as MSC and OH) with other approaches - why, when, how? ii) Biases in sampling qualitative data; when are outcome (stories)  sufficiently “credible” to serve as evidence?

    • Niki Wood can facilitate a discussion about ‘adapting MSC for higher frequency and/or lower time investment without losing its core’ and/or ‘tying an MSC process into results frameworks and indicators’?

  • PM session

    • Nick Andrews can facilitate a discussion about  ground rules for dialogue-learning in MSC panels. He can talk about talk and introduce 3 ways of talking with a key focus on Exploratory Talk.

    • Niki Wood, if she is able to attend this session, facilitate discussion about ‘adapting MSC for higher frequency and/or lower time investment without losing its core’ and/or ‘tying an MSC process into results frameworks and indicators

    • Integrating MSC into routine and required evaluations (mid and final evaluations). She would like to discuss, what are the opportunities and bottlenecks faced, how to overcome them?

The web link to the event is HERE NOW:  https://live.remo.co/e/msc-monthly-online-gatherings  .

The structure of the event:

  • We start with a 5 min welcome by the Working Group (WG) members(see their names below).

  • When you look at the floor plan (see a copy below) you will see a long table in the centre of the floor  labelled Introductions”, where people can come to introduce themselves when they arrive and, if they wish, suggest a theme they would like to discuss?

    • Double click on the long table to join

  • Then we will have separate discussions on at least some, but probably not all, of the topics listed above. It is entirely your choice as to which of these discussions you wish to join. You can even set up another discussion topic on another table, or join another such discussion that is already going, at any time.

    • Double click on any table you want to join. This will only work if the number of people already there is less than the number of seats at that table. In other words, check to see if there is a seat to spare.

  • We will conclude with a 5 min plenary feedback at the long table. Alternatively, we may use an expanded version of this time slot to start to talk about ideas and plans for a Global Conference on MSC to be held early this coming year. The February MSC MOG will focus on this in more detail

You can recognise the Working Group members by their orange avatar (labelled "WG")

The WG members who will be attending are:

AM session

PM session

There are three chat functions, which can be used at any time

  • To message everyone

  • To message only those at your table

  • To message one person you want to talk to only

For tech support during the event contact any of the Working Group members who are attending your session, using the chat function or double click and go to their table.

Please note that we would like to record the discussions, with the intention of using the transcript to create an AI generated summary of the (anonymised) discussions that can then be shared among all participants. HOWEVER, if at any point you would like recordings not to be made PLEASE TELL US and there will be no recording made. EVEN AFTER THE EVENT, if you feel sensitive matters discussed should not be kept in recorded form DO TELL US and we can delete the relevant recorded session segment.