Coding Software: MSC Content Analysis in Spanish

Sasquia Antunez Pineda

Mar 18, 2022, 6:25:13 PM3/18/22
to mostsignificantchang...@googlegroups.com

Hello MSC Champions,

I am currently in Honduras in the first phase of a research project using MSC, which is asking the question about the effectiveness of community reintegration of youth offenders (changes in behaviours and attitudes and in intervention practices). After we gather the stories, myself and a local co-researcher will be doing the content analysis of the stories gathered, so we can generate themes/categories for several focus groups aiming to get feedback and potential recommendations from local stakeholders in the juvenile justice system in Honduras. I know there are several Software that can help with qualitative content analysis, but I am unable to find one in Spanish.  Does anyone has any recommendation on a data analysis software in Spanish similar to Nvivo?

I would truly appreciate any recommendations!

Wishing you all health and peace at this time,

SASQUIA ANTÚNEZ PINEDA

Graduate Student Theology & International Development

Justice & Security Intern ASJHonduras | Wycliffe College, University of Toronto

signature_93624236

647-782-8068

signature_1325084177

s.antun...@mail.utoronto.ca

signature_781315977

www.linkedin.com/in/sasquiaantúnezpineda

twitter

Julie Solomon

Mar 19, 2022, 6:33:14 PM3/19/22
to mostsignificantchang...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, Sasquia:

My understanding is that both NVivo and Atlas.ti allow the user to choose a Spanish-language interface, although I myself do not currently use either of these platforms (I used NVivo many years ago).  You would need to check whether this interface is available for both Mac and PC computers.  I currently use Dedoose, which can accommodate Spanish characters but does not have a Spanish-language interface.

Best wishes to you and your colleagues for good health and successful project work,
-Julie

--

Julie Solomon, Ph.D.

J. Solomon Consulting, LLC