An invitation to a regular MSC Monthly Online Gathering

rick davies

Aug 24, 2023, 3:34:15 AM8/24/23
to mostsignificantchang...@googlegroups.com

An invitation to a regular MSC Monthly Online Gathering[1]

Dear members of the MSC email list.

It is perhaps time we moved into the 21st-century. Starting on Wednesday 20th September we will be organising a standing monthly online event, known as the “MSC Monthly Online Gathering”. As members of the MSC email list you are now invited to complete this once-off expression of interest that will enable us to give you access to all the meetings onwards. Then, all you need to do thereafter is turn up when it suits you. There will be two sessions on the same day, one starting at 1030 AM UK time, for participants in the “UK and eastwards to Australasia” zone, and another starting at 1800 UK time for participants in the “UK and westwards to the Americas” zone. These meetings will be on the third Wednesday of each month - put that date in your calendar now!

This event will be held in an online environment known as Remo, where upon entering you will see a bird’s eye view of a conference room.  You can then join one or other discussions that are going on there and move between different discussions if there are more than one. If you have registered your interest we will send you a link to access Remo just before each event. Click on the link and follow the instructions Find out more about Remo here.

image.png

Our intention is that this monthly online event will be quite informal and lightly structured.  While at least 2 of the organisers will commit to being available for the full one-hour duration of each meeting, you as participants can come and go at any time you please during the hour. You can talk to whoever you want to talk to, or you can simply sit and listen to others. Or, if you like you could give a talk that others might be interested in.

There will be some common elements to each gathering. Probably at the beginning we will ask each person to introduce themselves: their name, where they are from, and the nature of their interest in MSC. But not so if the number of participants is large (they can do that in small groups if they want to)

With some meetings we may circulate a brief agenda indicating some of the topics that people have expressed a prior interest in. Let us know via this email list if there is a topic you want to see discussed.

If you are already on the MSC email list, we would expect that you will have some knowledge of MSC, but this may be anything between a very initial understanding or having years of experience using MSC.  Please note however that this event is not a training event or course.

The organisers have two objectives:

1.       For the participants: To help build an active and engaged community of people interested in MSC

2.      For the organisers: To become very familiar with the use of the Remo environment, which if all goes well, will then be used for the first annual MSC Global Gathering to be held online in February 2024

For more information about this series of events, please post your enquiries on this MSC email list and or directly email rick....@gmail.com

If you have any problems accessing the Remo site, contact Niki at nw...@chemonics.com

The site will be open 5 minutes before the beginning of each gathering, and close 10 minutes after the end.

Please don't share the meeting link on any openly accessible social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc). We don't want to have to deal with spammers, scammers and trolls.

with best wishes, Rick Davies, moderator of the Google Groups MSC email list

Liz Warburton

Aug 25, 2023, 6:16:15 AM8/25/23
to mostsignificantchang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick

Thank you for your invite

Can i attend the meeting in November please?

Unable to make the meetings before this

I will complete the expression of interest

Thanks

Liz

Aug 26, 2023, 6:07:27 AM8/26/23
to MostSignificantChange (MSC) email list
Hi Rick,

Thanks so much to you, Niki, and others for organizing these gatherings. I'm very eager to attend and learn from others on this e-list! Unfortunately, I'm struggling to access the EOI. I receive a pop-up Outlook window without any further instruction. I don't know if others are experiencing this same issue? If we're moving into the 21st century, perhaps we could set up the EOI as a Google Form for ease of access and management of data? Happy to support with this, if of use, or at least would appreciate the opportunity to formally submit my interest to attend the monthly gatherings!

Cheers,
Britt

Sent: 24 August 2023 08:32

--
If you have any concerns about any of the postings on this email list please email me directly at rick....@gmail.com
---

rick davies

Aug 26, 2023, 6:32:46 AM8/26/23
to MostSignificantChange (MSC) email list
Hi Brit, and others who have had the same difficulty

My apologies. I thought the embeded link to a pre-formated email would be the simplest of all possible way to allow people to express their interest. But in at least two cases, yours included, this was not the case. Next time I will try using Google Foms, as you have suggested.

And in the meanitme, your interest in the event has been registered

best wishes, rick davies
On Saturday, 26 August 2023 at 11:07:27 UTC+1 britt....@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

Britt Sloan

Aug 26, 2023, 8:24:56 AM8/26/23
to mostsignificantchang...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Rick. Much appreciated!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "MostSignificantChange (MSC) email list" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/mostsignificantchange-msc-2020-email-list/955983fa-ea98-4cfb-9e27-31c7dafdba4bn%40googlegroups.com.

--
Britt Sloan
Independent Consultant