MOOC and a Face-to-Face Cohort

Algot Runeman

Jun 13, 2013, 10:52:39 AM6/13/13
to moss...@googlegroups.com

MOSS SIG members,

This is actually a last minute effort to find a local group with an interest. Sorry for the late connection.

This summer, the National Writing Project is hosting the
Making Learning Connected MOOC (#clmooc) as a part of the Summer of Making and Connecting. This MOOC will focus on connected learning and will allow participants to make things.

There will be many opportunities to interact and learn with others in this MOOC, including webinars, an online community, twitter chats, and emails. In this MOOC, you can participate in any way that makes sense for your interests and schedule.

As a part of this, I, Algot Runeman, am trying to put together a face-to-face group to meet weekly to reflect on our experiences in #clmooc. We expect to meet for about an hour each week at a place in Natick, Massachusetts. The location will probably be determined by the timing of meetings and the size of a group.

The purpose of the f2f groups is to help the organizers of #clmooc learn something about how f2f meetings affect participation in the online spaces.

If you are interested in being a part of this, please let me know by June 15 and sign-up for #clmooc in the meantime.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Algot

--