♫ "David Byrne Radio Presents: Everyone Does Everything (Afro Psychedelic 2.0)" uploaded by David Byrne Radio

David Byrne Radio

Jun 1, 2024, 7:45:40 AMJun 1
to mossless...@gmail.com
Mixcloud

New show by David Byrne Radio

David Byrne Radio Presents: Everyone Does Everything (Afro …
By David Byrne Radio

I’ve mixed some well known songs and some from lesser known artists. There’s a whole sub genre of African Psychedelic bands. I haven’t even gone down that rabbit hole yet. Is Afro Psychedelia different from Anglo Psychedelia? Sometimes it’s funkier- often the Anglo artists leaned towards the Baroque and orchestral. But it’s probably a mistake to generalize… The nice part about this movement was that everyone did everything. It didn’t end in the 70s either - I’ve included some more contemporary artists that to my ears felt like they were inspired by this openness and direction.

- David Byrne

Listen now

Listen Later

Mixcloud on Facebook Mixcloud on X

Mixcloud​, Unit #2255, 275 New North Road, London, N1 7AA
Get Mixcloud for: iPhone | Android
Disable email notifications from this user