Unicode Input

Daichi Fukui

Aug 7, 2014, 2:08:53 AM8/7/14
to mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I always use Mosh for Chrome and it is very useful. Thank you for this good application.

By the way, I would like to ask you about Unicode-Character input.

Of course, in Mosh for Chrome, Unicode characters are displayed correctly and there is not any problem, but unfortunately, Unicode-Character input (e.g. Japanese, Chinese) does not work.
In addition, the Mosh for Chrome terminal accepts copy and paste of English characters but it does not accept that of Japanese characters. I have experienced this problem on Lubuntu and Mac OS X, and not tested on Windows.

Do you have any idea of how to input Unicode on Mosh for Chrome?

Daichi Fukui

Richard Woodbury

Aug 7, 2014, 2:24:14 AM8/7/14
to when.a.cat.si...@gmail.com, mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
こんにちわ。 I am able to copy/paste Japanese characters into and out of the terminal on both Chrome OS and Ubuntu Linux, so I'm not sure why that's not working for you. However, at least on Chrome OS, I can confirm that hterm (the 3rd party JS terminal emulator I'm using) doesn't seem to accept Japanese keyboard input, at least not with a US keyboard in romaji mode. I haven't tested keyboard input on Ubuntu Linux, as I haven't bothered to get that setup there.

Bottom line: The issue is with hterm. If it is fixed upstream, it'll be fixed in Mosh for Chrome with a simple rebuild. If I were you, I'd search around to see if there's any discussion about this with hterm.

In the interim, assuming you can get copy/paste working, you should be able to work around it (albeit awkwardly) by typing into some other window and copy/pasting Unicode text into Mosh for Chrome.

Richard Woodbury

Aug 7, 2014, 2:41:22 AM8/7/14
to when.a.cat.si...@gmail.com, mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
P.S. I'm a bit embarrassed by my late-night Japanese fubar. こんにちは。すみません。