Display corruption fixed for Windows and Mac

Richard Woodbury

Mar 17, 2014, 12:58:49 AM3/17/14
to mosh-chrom...@googlegroups.com, mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
Windows and Mac users rejoice! Unicode never did display correctly for these platforms, but as of v0.2.4.25 (rolling out now), it should work fine. This affects things you might not expect would use wide characters, such as man pages and tmux. So if you've seen display corruption, and you use one of these platforms, give it another go.

While the target audience for Mosh for Chrome was Chrome OS users, it has come to my attention that Windows users rather enjoy the app, as there is no official port for that platform (just an experimental Cygwin-based version). Also, a Chrome App is much easier to install, especially if there are restrictive corporate policies on the machine. Therefore, I will pay more attention to the other platforms in the future (even though Chrome Apps should be platform independent... *sigh*).

Also, folks using Chrome 34 (current beta) may have noticed that copying text was broken. The latest release also resolves that issue.

Happy Moshing!
Richie