Feature Request: Hyperlink recognition

Adam Leon

Feb 27, 2014, 2:39:09 PM2/27/14
to mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
First off I just want to say how awesome this is. Been using mosh for a while and being able to replace Secure Shell on my chromebook with something that resumes my ssh sessions is AMAZING!

One feature I really loved about Secure Shell that seems to be missing from Mosh for Chrome is recognition of hyperlinks to open them in a browser tab on click. Is there any chance this is on the road map?

Thanks again for the wonderful app.

Richard Perry Woodbury III

Feb 27, 2014, 4:35:00 PM2/27/14
to the...@gmail.com, mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
On Thu Feb 27 2014 at 2:39:10 PM, Adam Leon <the...@gmail.com> wrote:
First off I just want to say how awesome this is. Been using mosh for a while and being able to replace Secure Shell on my chromebook with something that resumes my ssh sessions is AMAZING!

Thanks, Adam!

One feature I really loved about Secure Shell that seems to be missing from Mosh for Chrome is recognition of hyperlinks to open them in a browser tab on click. Is there any chance this is on the road map?

I have wanted the same thing, as the Gnome Terminal does this and I miss it. However, I have not observed this functionality in Secure Shell. How are you able to make it happen? If Secure Shell can do it, it probably means hterm (the JS terminal emulator) can do it, which means I can make Mosh for Chrome do it.

That said, I found this bug on the issue that suggests the feature doesn't exist, and isn't going to exist. :( Maybe we can convince them otherwise. They seemed worried about putting anchor tags in the DOM, which I agree would be bad. If it worked more like Gnome Terminal, where you have to right-click to follow the link, that should address their concerns. But right-click is currently used for "paste" in hterm, although I've heard they may change that to allow context menus (which I'd very much prefer). Maybe all this will come when that change is made. Just guessing.

Richie

Richard Woodbury

Feb 27, 2014, 4:44:31 PM2/27/14
to the...@gmail.com, mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
Oops... I'm thinking of how XChat works, not Gnome Terminal.

adam

Feb 27, 2014, 5:31:08 PM2/27/14
to Richard Woodbury, mosh-chr...@googlegroups.com
Oops on me too, I was mistaken it's not a feature in Secure Shell. I was confused about which app I was using last time I had it working. This project does have it working though: https://github.com/liftoff/GateOne