Privacy Statement for company approval

marius.h...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2019, 5:32:35 AM10/2/19
to Mosh for Chrome Users
Hi Everybody,

I would like to use mosh at our company. However, since our Chromes our company-managed, I have to request approval for the mosh extension. The responsible browser team now needs a privacy statement of the developer stating that mosh is not collecting data in the cloud for whatever reason. It would be great if I could get such a statement, preferably by email. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Marius

Richard Woodbury

Oct 4, 2019, 4:44:24 PM10/4/19
to Mosh for Chrome Users
Hi, Marius. Mosh for Chrome does store a few items, such as ssh fingerprints, in the chrome.storage.sync API. This API stores data with Google for users signed into Chrome. This data is only visible to the app and is not directly visible to the developers. If you are not signed into the Chrome browser, it should be a moot point. If you are signed in, I would assume your company has approved such usages.

Mosh for Chrome has no provisions for sharing any data whatsoever with its developers. Note that the Chrome browser itself collects and shares usage statistics for all apps, which is available in an anonymized form to app developers through the Chrome Web Store Developer Dashboard.

marius.h...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2019, 1:06:44 AM10/10/19
to Mosh for Chrome Users
Hi Richard, Thank you for your quick reply.
Marius