I'm pleased to announce a new version of the MOSFIRE data reduction pipeline known as "2014.06.10". The code can be found at the link below:
The following changes were made:
- Major correction to the way eps, itime, and snr files are calculated. Previous versions of the pipeline delivered results that were incorrect by 2 or sqrt(2).
- ABA'B' subtraction is now handled by the pipeline
- Flat file applied to Longslit
- During interactive fit, the user can press \ which is equivalent to f for fit.
- Filename output is changed to be [maskname]_[band]_[objname]_[type].fits, it is now consistent among various steps.
- itime files are now written
- Pipeline attempts to identify and ignore vignetted slits (please don't place slits in the vignetted region)
- FITS header comments are included, which includes some critical data and make it easier to read the headers
- FITS headers populated by the Background task are more readable
- Underscore in pathname are handled gracefully
- H band line list updated with two lines at the red end suggested by CCS
- During interactive fitting, the "f" key doesn't force the window to full screen.
- Pipeline version is included in the FITS headers
- Plus more minor changes
Several beta versions were generated and a number of folks helped debug the pipeline including:
Chuck Steidel (CIT), Marc Kassis (WMKO), Sirio Belli (CIT), Matt Schenker (CIT), Karl Glazebrook (SWIN), Themiya Nanayakkara (SWIN), & Irene Shivaei (UCR)
Thank you all, I could not have improved the pipeline without your help.