Updated mospy

team...@gmail.com

Apr 22, 2014, 10:01:41 PM4/22/14
to mosfi...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

I modified the default mospy file that may work better for some users.
Updates include
1- comments to describe the alias, paths to help DRP users ID what needs to be modified.
2- removed the duplicate MOSPATH entry that may confuse novice DRP users as the manual says only to update the /src2 entry.
3- For drp users that do not use python in their regular lives and thus do not have PYTHONPATH already defined, I added a check on the PYTHONPATH envar before reseting it to ensure that it is listed in the envar list.

The mods to mospy are captured below. I will send the full file to you via e-mail.

#Update the full path to the ureka install for the
# two aliases below.
alias ur_setup 'eval `/home/npk/.ureka/ur_setup -csh \!*`'
alias ur_forget 'eval `/home/npk/.ureka/ur_forget -csh \!*`'

# If pythonpath is not previously defined, define it so that
# the setenv works below..
if (! $?PYTHONPATH ) setenv PYTHONPATH

#Update the full path to the mosfire DRP code repository
# example: /src2/mosfire/DRP/mosfire change to /Users/myname/MOSFIRE/DRP_CODE
# in which the sub dirs drivers, apps, badpixel, etc. live
setenv MOSPATH /scr2/mosfire/DRP/mosfire
setenv PYTHONPATH ${PYTHONPATH}:${MOSPATH}

if (! -d $MOSPATH) then
echo "Path '$MOSPATH' does not exist. Modify $0"
echo "and change MOSPATH to the DRP directory."
exit 1
endif

# Runs the ur_setup for ureka. This is a necessary
# step to run the DRP with hooks into Ureka
ur_setup

Nick Konidaris

Jun 11, 2014, 12:30:01 PM6/11/14
to mosfi...@googlegroups.com, team...@gmail.com

The most recent version of the DRP includes these changes. Thanks for the report.