नहीं पढ़े गए पहले मैसेज पर जाएं

Marc Kassis

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
18 जून 2014, 2:37:12 pm18/6/14
ईमेल पाने वाला mosfi...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

  I am working on including Argon line data in the wavelength fitting process. I have modified the wavelength.py file and I am testing the code now.
The proposed changes are:
1 – apply_interactively has an additional argument for argon
2- fit_lambda  an additional argument for argon and will call
3- fit_lambda_helper was modified to handle the second set of arc line information
4- fit outwards_refit will handle two sets of arclines and fit a common solutions: All output files are associated with the Ne data set just as before, so past this point you don't have to keep track of the Ne and Ar solutions seperately.

If I think it is working, I will send the modified Wavelength.py file.

Your thoughts?

Marc

Nick Konidaris

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
18 जून 2014, 3:06:55 pm18/6/14
ईमेल पाने वाला mosfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc,

I think Argon is already implemented. I think you just set argon=True on the Wavelength solution bits.

Am I mistaken?
~n

   +1 831 704 6425

J. Sebastian Pineda

नहीं पढ़ी गई,
2 जुल॰ 2014, 8:53:13 pm2/7/14
ईमेल पाने वाला mosfi...@googlegroups.com
I have a question about this, i recently downloaded the newest DRP version: __version__ = '2014.06.10' .

Looking through the various function in Wavelength.py for the wavelength solution bits of the script, the only functions with the additional keyword for argon seems to be Wavelength.fit_lambda_interactively and Wavelength.pick_linelist, however there are several other functions like Wavelength.apply_lambda_simple and Wavelength.apply_lambda_sky_and_arc with neon keywords but not argon keywords. Many of these functions call Wavelength.pick_linelist.

Perhaps i'm missing something here but is setting neon=True sufficient to incorporate the arcline functionality for these cases, or should all of these functions have additional argon=True keywords to make this feature work properly.

Also a closer look at Wavelength.pick_linelist looks like by setting both neon = True and argon=True the output linelist only corresponds to the argon line list. Is the code not able to work with using both sets of arcs at the same time or is there a separate way to do this?

thanks,

-Sebastian

J. Sebastian Pineda
Cahill Center for Astronomy and Astrophysics
California Institute of Technology
1200 California Blvd. MC 249-17
Pasadena CA, 91125

Office: (626) 395-6857