Thermal Flats

Marc Kassis

Jun 12, 2014, 10:07:03 PM6/12/14
to mosfi...@googlegroups.com
Nick,

I was disappointed to see that my code additions to handle the K band thermal flats was not include in your most recent release. I have modified both newly released handle.py and Flat.py files to use the thermal flats, and the files are attached to this e-mail. I think that you should be able to simply replace these two files with the existing ones of the same name assuming that you have not modified them between now and when you released.

Handle was modified to create a FlatThermal.txt list
Flats will now combine a flats list and thermal flats list and then subtract the resulting two flats and create a flat with the same name as you originally coded. When a thermal flat is included, the two flats are called lamps on and lamps off flats.
combflat_2d_K.fits     (lamps on –lamps off)
combflat_lamps_off_2d_K.fits
combflat_lamps_on_2d_K.fits

In the driver file the flat call can be used with the optional argument. Example below:
     Flats.handle_flats('Flat.txt', maskname, band, flatops,lampOffList='FlatThermal.txt')

Please let me know whether you intend to use these updates. I will stop sending them if there are no plans to use thermal flats with your DRP code.

Marc

handle.py
Flats.py