Problems getting Ureka started

Evan Kirby

Jun 11, 2014, 11:16:11 PM6/11/14
to mosfi...@googlegroups.com, Nick Konidaris, Marc Kassis
Hi NPK et al.,

I'm having a problem that seems to stem from a misimplentation of Ureka. When I run mospy handle /path/to/data, I get

AttributeError: Undefined IRAF task `chkupdate'

This seems to be either a problem with how I set up my Ureka paths or a bug in the latest version of Ureka. ur_setup and ur_test work without issuing any errors.

Evan

Nick Konidaris

Jun 11, 2014, 11:24:12 PM6/11/14
to mosfi...@googlegroups.com
I've never seen this before Evan. Shucks. Can you try an older version of Ureka and report back:

Thanks,
Nick

Evan

   +1 831 704 6425

Marc Kassis

Jun 11, 2014, 11:55:40 PM6/11/14
to Evan Kirby, mosfi...@googlegroups.com, Nick Konidaris

Evan,

It is my understanding that you have used and installed the original
release. You may need to remove old copies of mospy and ipython from
various areas.

Please try the following:
Cd to your home account and do the following:
* mv .ipython .ipython.old
* mv .matplotlib .matplotlib.old

Run where mospy to see if the mospy command exists anywhere else.
It may have already been installed previously in your ~/bin dir.

I have downloaded and installed the pipeline (following keck instructions)
and I have successfully run "mospy handle" on some of my data.

Let's get this going for you tonight.

Marc

Evan Kirby

Jun 12, 2014, 1:04:04 AM6/12/14
to mosfi...@googlegroups.com, enk...@gmail.com, n...@astro.caltech.edu, mka...@keck.hawaii.edu
Fixed it! Thanks to Marc. Somehow Ureka knew that I had a ~/iraf/login.cl and it was loading it. That login.cl contained a "chkupdate" command. After commenting it out, I can get past that part of mospy handle.

Evan