Mappability tracks for danRer7 and galGal4

Adira Mollari

Aug 21, 2014, 11:35:56 AM8/21/14
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm trying to generate the mappability files for the zebrafish (danRer7) and chicken (galGal4) genomes. I have downloaded the genome from UCSC genome browser and split it into individual files for each chromosome/scaffold using a python script, such that each file contains a fasta header and the sequence and the name of the header is in the filename. I then ran make which generated the three executables: chr2hash, oligoFindPLFFile and mergeOligoCounts and then added their location to my path. However, when I run compile.py . I get 'Segmentation fault' error messages with the last script:
oligoFindPLFFile chr1.fa chr1.fa . 0 0 1 1 > chr1xchr1.out
/bin/sh: line 1: 14190 Segmentation fault oligoFindPLFFile chr1.fa chr1.fa . 0 0 1 1 > chr1xchr1.out
Could you please let me know whether I'm doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Adira

Dongjun Chung

Aug 28, 2014, 4:40:46 PM8/28/14
to mosaics_u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adira,

Overall, what you did looks OK to me.

In this case, you might need to directly contact Gerstein Lab, who developed MappabilityMap.
The contact information can be found in http://info.gersteinlab.org/PeakSeq.

Hope that it helps.

Best,
Dongjun