2023-08-13 Coding of E-bike or E-scooter accidents Update 4

mortality-forum

Aug 25, 2023, 1:21:33 PM8/25/23
to mortality-forum

2023-08-13 Coding of E-bike or E-scooter accidents

Dear All,

 we have following question:

how do you code an accident with an E-bike or E-scooter. We are not sure between V10-V19 or  V20 – V29

Thank you in advanced for your replies and feedback.

Best regards,

Daniela Knötzl

STATISTIK AUSTRIA

Response from Daniela Knötzl

Good Morning,

Thank you for your answers and feedback.

Best regards

Daniela Knötzl

Statistik Austria

Response from Ingela Arvidsson, Sweden

Dear all,

In Sweden we’ve decided to use the code for pedal cyclist injured in transport accident, V10-V19.

Best regards,

Ingela Arvidsson

Response from Liliana Bernardo, Portugal

Hello , Based on volume 1 of ICD-10, external causes:

We in Portugal consider that if it is electric it has a motor and if it has a motor it must be coded in the motorcycle code likeas indicated in the inclusions and exclusions (V20-V29).

Best Regards,

Liliana Bernardo

Portugal

Response from Dr. Torres, Mexico

There is no specific code for these two terms in the ICD-10, but there are categories for occupants or injured in two- and three-wheeled motor vehicle accidents.

To assign the code, it is necessary to specify the location of the injured person (pedestrian, cyclist, occupant, etc.), Vehicle or counterparty in the accident, Place of occurrence, Occurrence inside or outside traffic or public highway, etc.

Some of the possible codes for these two types of vehicles would be:

V10.0-V19.9 or only V12.0-V12.9, V22.0-V22.9, V32, V42, V52, V62, V72 (.0-.9), V80.3, V87.0-V87.1, V88.0-V88 .1.

Dr. Luis Manuel Torres Palacios

Centro Colaborador para la Familia de Clasificaciones Internacionales

de la OMS en México (CEMECE)

Volume 1.png