2024-02-12 Coding Deaths as a result of a terror attack - Response 2

mortality-forum

Feb 14, 2024, 9:29:38 AMFeb 14
to mortality-forum

2024-02-12 Coding Deaths as a result of a terror attack

 Hello everyone,

 We would like to know what code other countries give for death as a result of a terror attack, for example France (Paris 2015, Nice 2016), Germany (Berlin in the Christmas market 2016) etc.

 Thank you for your help.

 Miriam Bronshtein

Demography and Census Department

cid:image0...@01D4CF45.44781340Israel Central Bureau of Statistics

www.cbs.gov.il רוצים להיות מעודכנים בכל רגע נתון? בקרו באתר הלמס

Response from Austria

 Dear All,

 In our opinion, the following ICD codes (ICD 10) should be used for terrorism:

 Z65.4 as an addition (victim of terrorism) as well as the respective injury in combination with "assault" X65 to Y09.

 Best regards

 Daniela Knötzl

Christiane Matlschweiger

Claudia Vunetich

 STATISTIK AUSTRIA – Die Informationsmanager

Direktion Bevölkerung -/ Todesursachenstatistik

Guglgasse 13

A-1110Wien

Tel.  +43 (1) 71128 / 7218

Fax  +43 (1) 71128 / 7170

Daniela...@statistik.gv.at

Response from Donna Hoyert, USA

In reaction to the September 11, 2001 events in the US, we created US-specific codes. We tabulate these US-specific codes with homicide and suicide.