2024-02-19 Question whether to consider as a late maternal death or not?

mortality-forum

Feb 29, 2024, 1:46:31 PMFeb 29
to mortality-forum

Dear All,

 I have a query regarding a woman who died 10 months post-partum from suicide due to anti-depressant overdose (pt had been prescribed these meds). She was a known case of schizo-affective disorder prior to the pregnancy and also abuser of drugs and alcohol.

 Would you consider this as a late maternal death or not?

 I have coded it as X61.9 till now but I am not sure as it would not show it would be a late maternal case if this is the case.

 thank you and regards

 Kathleen England

Malta