MX-K2 CW KEYER Problem

d r

May 27, 2021, 5:49:17 AM5/27/21
to Morse Expert for Android
I bought  MX-K2 CW KEYER  for vw practice and the morse expert cannot manage with the sound of mx-k2 buzzer which is very clean and loud, had anybody the some problem?

Wolfgang K. Meister

Nov 30, 2021, 3:35:29 AM11/30/21
to Morse Expert for Android
as far as I could see and hear on Youtube, this MX-K2 is using a piezo 'buzzer' inside.
Such piezo buzzer producing nothing like a clean 750Hz (or nearby frequency) sound.

Use a simple microphone and a freeware audio editor, like Audacity and record the sound.
You will be surprised - yes it's a 'buzzer' and not a tone generator. Morse Expert is using
a complex software to analyze and decode - but it can not handle such 'buzzing' sounds.
Hope this helps to understand ;-)
73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang