Decoded text disappears when changing orientation

Bejoy VU3BOJ

Apr 1, 2021, 11:10:37 PM4/1/21
to Morse Expert for Android
Hi Alex,

First of all, I would like to thank you for releasing the amazing app. It decodes really well, even the faint signals with heavy QSB. It is really awesome!

One issue I noted is that the decoded text is cleared when I change the screen orientation, i.e. portrait to landscape or vice-versa.

I have used only for a day (Yes, pretty late in discovering this app) and will update more feedback here.

73
Bejoy VU3BOJ

Alex VE3NEA

Apr 2, 2021, 11:25:18 AM4/2/21
to Morse Expert for Android
Hi Bejoy,

I am glad that you like Morse Expert. Decoded text is cleared when the orientation changes, this is a work around a bug in the standard Android control that screws text scrolling after the orientation change. The problem was discovered and reported by Ed W2RF, and the only solution I could find was to clear the text.

73 Alex VE3NEA