Morse Expert 1.08

Alex VE3NEA

Jan 11, 2021, 8:34:17 PM1/11/21
to Morse Expert for Android
Build 1.08 of Morse Expert is available for testing. This is a release candidate, that is, if you do not find any problems with this build, it will become the first public release. Please test the new build and l let me know if it is ready for release or not.

New in this build:

- Close App button;
- Rate this App menu command;
- known words in the Ham mode are color-highlighted.

The third feature is something I especially need your feedback on. Now not only the callsigns, CQ/DE and RST are highlighted with different colors, but also all words known to the program are printed in green. Does this make the text more or less readable? Should it be kept or removed? One thing that I noticed in my own tests is that extra highlighting makes scrolling of the decoded text somewhat slower.

Please post your comments on this group. Beta testing is coming to an end, so please take this opportunity to express your opinion.

73 Alex VE3NEA

ehru...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2021, 7:38:09 AM1/12/21
to Alex VE3NEA, Morse Expert for Android

Alex,

I did a quick run of v1.08 through its paces. Not sure the green highlighting of recognized words helps. One example is it took the name RANDALL and proudly displayed its interpretation in green highlight as R AND ALL 😊 The main problem I still have is when rotating the display. Sometimes I have to use the trash icon to get scrolling to go again. I will continue testing and report any further discoveries.

Tks,

73 Ed w2rf