initial cellular configuration via poisson disc sampling

Deepa

Oct 14, 2021, 12:10:27 PM10/14/21
to Morpheus users
Hi All,

I'm trying to follow the documentation available here(https://morpheus.gitlab.io/post/2019/07/01/poisson-disc-sampling/) to create the initial cell configuration illustrated in the webpage.

May I know if there is a model file with the same initial configuration of the cells  available in the repo?

I tried to follow the text in the documentation but I am finding it  a bit difficult since I am new here. For instance I am not sure how to install the InitPoissonDisc  plugin and proceed from here.

Inputs will be really helpful.

Thanks a ton,
Deepa

Lutz Brusch

Oct 15, 2021, 8:05:10 AM10/15/21
to Morpheus users
Hi Deepa,

an example model with the InitPoissonDisc initialization of the cell arrangement is attached, together with result movies for the spatio-temporal dynamics of planar cell polarity propagating over the (here frozen) cell arrangement and specific cell configurations and contact lengths among neighboring cells affect the PCP pattern and cause variability. The InitPoissonDisc plugin is in the model section CellPopulations which defines the initial cell arrangement.

In general, you can add plugins to your model in the GUI in three ways (click the "+" button above the model editor panel, right-click and "Add" from the context menu, or double-click on the plugin name in the panel names "Model components"). Note, each list of available plugins will be automatically filtered depending on the position of your cursor in the model.

Best,
Lutz
movie_PCP_membrane_patterns.mp4
PlanarCellPolarity_Voronoi.xml