3D TIFF Domain

Bob van Dijk

Feb 10, 2022, 6:32:58 AM2/10/22
to Morpheus users
Hi developers,

Currently I am transferring a working 2D model to 3D. In my 2D model I set the domain using a TIFF image of an intersection of a well. In my 3D simulation I would like the simulation space to be the full well, which can be approximated by a cylinder.

Looking around in Morpheus I was not able to find a way to set a 3D domain.
So is there a way to set a cylindrical domain, either using TIFF images or somethin else?

I hope you can help me!

Best,
Bob

Jörn Starruss

Feb 11, 2022, 3:22:47 AM2/11/22
to morpheu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bob,

You have both options:

(A) Using a stacked Tiff - as can be create via Fiji's hyperstack - you may carve any geometry you prefer. Any image will then be a z-slice (bottom-to-top) of your 3D space. Make sure that you use an 8bit Tiff image.

(B) Morpheus supports predefined circular Domains (MorpheusModel/Space/Lattice/Domain/Circle) with a given radius, that extends to a cylinder in a 3D model. Likely the easier solution ;-)

Best,
Jörn

Am 10.02.22 um 12:32 schrieb 'Bob van Dijk' via Morpheus users:
Jörn Starruß
Tel +49 351 463 38554
APB 1026

Technische Universität Dresden
Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH)
Abteilung Innovative Methoden des Computing

Bob van Dijk

Feb 14, 2022, 5:17:40 AM2/14/22
to Morpheus users
Hi Jörn,

Thank you for your quick response, I'll take a look into it!

Best,
Bob