[Morning Glory] Where is God? Sunday Glimpses

Nan

Nov 8, 2015, 6:00:02 AM11/8/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, because of who You are I give You glory. Because of who You are I give You praise. And through blinding tears of hurt and confusion, I remember that You are a God of Peace. I remember that You are good, sovereign, and faithful. I ask that You calm  my restless heart and bring my thoughts captive to You. I ask that You hide me beneath the shadow of Your wing until these calamities pass me by. Thank You for Your protective love. I love You Lord. I love You for who You are - the One True God who pursues me with Your love and finds me in my hiding places when it hurts too much to come out from the shadows. Thank You for loving me.

Thank You for loving my friends too. Cause them to sense Your beautiful Presence surrounding them, shielding them from the fiery darts of the enemy that come to destroy and kill the joy of the Lord. Open their ears to hear Your sweet whispers bidding them to come. Affirm them in their decisions. Light their path as they seek to obey You in all things. Confirm their steps. Stir the seed of faith within them to know the One in whom they have believed and then help them believe You for great things in their lives. You are the God of Impossibilities. I believe You take delight in showing Yourself mighty to Your children.

Bless You Lord. You are mighty and good, tender and kind. You are our all in all. We love You Lord.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God in my confusion? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at n...@jubilantlight.com
Are you searching for the nearness of God in this frenzied, sometimes painful world? Do you want to step away from the chaos and be reminded of His love and goodness for just a few moments? We all share that need. That's why I've created a Facebook community page, Seeing Beyond the Veil. On this page you will find worship videos, scriptures, inspirational quotes, and prayers - a peaceful oasis created just for you. Please stop by Seeing Beyond the Veil and click the "like" button so you'll be notified of new posts.

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 11/08/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Nov 15, 2015, 6:00:05 AM11/15/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father, I am so thankful for Your grace. Lately, I have experienced it like never before. In my darkest moments, Your grace rained down on me. Liquid love flowed though my broken places, washing away the debris of a shattered heart. It really has been amazing. Even in my ugly moments, You granted me unmerited favor. You have met my needs miraculously. You have opened doors of opportunity for me, and You have loved me unconditionally. Thank You.

Thank You for my friends and for my readers who, like me, seek to know You more. I ask that You pour out Your grace on them. Flood their lives with Your goodness and love. Let them stand amazed at the wonder of who You are. You promise if we seek You, You will be found. Stir a hunger within us Lord that only You can satisfy. Enlighten the eyes of our hearts to understand Your ways, Your will, and Your Word.

You are glorious Lord, mighty in power, tender in love. What an amazing God. We love You so much and we praise You, for You alone are worthy of praise.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God in my ugliest moments? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 11/15/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Nov 22, 2015, 6:00:03 AM11/22/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father, You are Lord and You are worthy to be praised! You are to be lifted up so that every knee shall bow at the mere mention of Your Name ... Jesus. The Name above all names. The Name that brings peace. Victory. Deliverance. The Name that brings a song in the night. You are amazing Lord. May we never forget that - may we never take You for granted.

Even in the midst of the evil permeating the earth, You are faithful - Your Light shines bright. Surround us with Your ministering angels that comfort and guide and protect. Cause all fear to go in the presence of Your perfect love. We are safe in Your arms. I ask that You would stir within each of us a strong desire to be a witness in these dark hours. Light a holy fire within us. The harvest is ripe. Fill us with Your compassion to reach out to the lost, the frail, the frightened. Help us see others through Your eyes of love.

I pray for those who are filled with anxiety and fear. You are teaching me to rest in the knowledge of who You are, Lord. Please help my friends learn the same lesson. We belong to You. You will never abandon Your children to the dangers of this world. You are with us always. Thank You Lord. Thank You for Your faithfulness, Your mercy and Your grace. Thank You for Your Spirit that goes before us, and follows behind us with goodness and mercy. Yes, Lord ... we are safe in Your arms. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I am afraid? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 11/22/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Nov 29, 2015, 10:26:01 PM11/29/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, I'm so very thankful for You. Even when I'm distant or despondent, You still love me. I hear You bidding me to come to You - to Your secret place where we can talk. Forgive me for not coming quicker. Please forgive me for withdrawing from Your incredible love. You minister beautifully to me, meeting my needs, gently pouring Your strength into my weary spirit. I appreciate that, Lord. Thank You.

I bring my friends before You as well. As we kneel together before Your throne of grace I ask that You touch them by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Strengthen them, encourage and inspire them to keep moving forward. It's such an awesome thought to realize that not only do You go before us, but You hedge us in from behind also. We are surrounded by Your protection and assistance as we journey on our walk of faith. I ask that You open the eyes of my friends to see You and to recognize Your Presence with them always. Fill them with hope. Make a way for them where there seems to be no way. Flood their minds with peace as they focus on You and Your promises.

You are our sure place Lord. We depend on You being who You say You are. What a wonder it is to realize just how magnificent You really are! ... and that we belong to You. My heart overflows with gratitude for You. Thank You for Your constant and abiding love. You are wonderful Lord.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I am despondent? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 11/29/2015 10:26:00 PM

Nan

Dec 6, 2015, 6:00:04 AM12/6/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, it's quiet finally. In my head, that is. Thank You for bringing my thoughts captive to Your mercy and grace. Thank You for telling the negative voice to cease and desist in its mission to bring me down. Thank You for reminding me that it is in quietness and trust that I will find my strength. It is when I am still and remember that You are God that I find my peace. Thank You Lord. I praise You for Your faithfulness. You are a good God.

I pray for others who are being tormented by the taunts of the enemy - those words that say "I'm not good enough," "I'm not doing enough," or "why bother - I don't make a difference anyway." I know many who share these feelings with me. But You, Lord - You are not the source of these thoughts. You tell us that we are Your treasure, Your special possession - Your child. You tell us that we are Your handiwork created to fulfill Your purposes in this world. You tell us that we belong to You and You belong to us and that together we can overcome anything that comes against us. Thank You Lord. Help us get this in our knowers. Help us walk out these truths so that the taunts of the enemy fall on closed ears and bounce off our shields of faith. Help us live as children of The Most High God.

You are Wonderful, the Almighty God. You are the Light in our darkness, our hope in despair. We love You Lord and appreciate all you do for us. Blessed be Your Name.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when my self-confidence is shaken? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 12/06/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Dec 13, 2015, 6:00:06 AM12/13/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, consecrate me to You. Set me apart for You and Your service. My heart feels as though it's on the edge of a great divide wanting so much to leap across - across the fears, across the unknowns, across the sacrifice. Hold my hand Lord and lead me across to the other side. I want to be solely Yours. I do. And yet the battle of flesh is relentless. The things I don't want to do, I do and the things I want to do, I don't. I know how Paul felt! But that's where Your grace comes in. That's where Your strength comes in. Bless You Lord for Your goodness.

Many are those who walk in the same frustrating shoes I've been wearing. Our feet are to be shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace, and yet some days it feels like they're shod in concrete, stubbornly staying put. Going nowhere. And why? Because we are not completely surrendered to Your will. Oh wretched woman that I am!

I ask that You stir within each of us this desire to yield to Your touch, Your will, Your way. Make us pliable in Your hands that we might be vessels of glory for You, Lord. We desire to magnify Your Holy Name. We desire to be Your Light in this darkened and frightening world. Rise within us and let Your enemies be scattered! I ask that You show Yourself mighty in our lives, Lord. Let others see You in us always. Even in the hard places. Transform us by the renewing of our minds and through the power of the Holy Spirit. Find Your pleasure in us, Lord, for we are Your children who desire to be set apart for You. We love You Lord and we give You praise.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I'm trying to follow Him? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (Click to Tweet)

Please don't bear your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at n...@jubilantlight.com

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 12/13/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Dec 20, 2015, 6:00:19 AM12/20/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father, You put a song in my heart today. Thank You. I hear over and over again, "In my heart there rings a melody, there rings a melody, there rings a melody. In my heart there rings a melody, there rings a melody of love." It's just like You to put such a catchy tune in my spirit on such a dreary day. You're funny, Lord.

But You did get my attention and I thank You for that. There is a melody of love in my heart and it's because of You! Regardless of my times of sadness, Your love sustains me and makes me glad. That's amazing Lord. Truly. YOU are amazing!

I lift up those who are hurting to You, Lord. Open their ears to hear Your melody of love ringing in their hearts too. Your love is from everlasting to everlasting. It is longsuffering and it carries us across the turbulent waters. Open our eyes to see YOU this Christmas in the midst of all the hoopla. Help us to focus on You in the spite of the distractions and remind us that Your love and Your joy and Your peace are not contingent  on our circumstances, but are promised because of who You are. You are Emmanuel, God with us. Always ... Always. Bless You Lord. We bring to You an offering of praise.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God this Christmas when I feel so broken? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at n...@jubilantlight.com.

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 12/20/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Dec 27, 2015, 6:00:06 AM12/27/15
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com

by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy Name! You, Lord, are worthy of our praise. I offer You my heart of worship, my life of service. I want to magnify You in all I do. Thank You for reminding me to never lose the wonder of Your birth, Your salvation, the miracle of Your love. You are remarkable Lord. Absolutely remarkable. Thank You for carrying me through the storm. Thank You for working to heal my broken heart, for putting the crumbled pieces of my life back together again. For that, I am very thankful. Thank You for giving me laughter in the midst of my tears, hope in the midst of my despair, and Your perfect peace in the midst of it all. You are wonderful, Lord. I love you.

Pour out Your peace on my friends who are troubled or struggling. Anoint them with a spirit of praise that reaches deep into the murky waters of a troubled heart and taps into Your Living Water that flows in spite of it all. Cause praise to rise and slip from their lips and brush against the tears on their cheeks. Cause praise to break the chains that hold them captive to the hurts that life has hurled their way. Open their eyes to see You carrying them through the storm as well. Thank You Lord.

I ask for a fresh anointing of Your Holy Spirit to do the work You have called each of us to. Stir up compassion for others, hunger for Your Word, and a hardy thirst for Your Presence. We praise You Lord and rejoice in who You are. Bless You Lord.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where isGod when I choose praise? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse.(click to tweet)

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 12/27/2015 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Jan 3, 2016, 6:00:11 AM1/3/16
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Lord, I yearn to know You more - to understand the mysteries of Your secret place. You've given me glimpses, but I want to be able to grasp Your Truths fully. You are amazing Lord. Your faithfulness astounds me. Your tender care comforts me. And I absolutely love how You humor me on my bad days. You are awesome God. Thank You for making a way for me to know You. Thank You for calling me by Your Name and making me Your child.

My faith is so very real to me. You have allowed its roots to grow deep to hold me steady in the storm. You have allowed my roots to tap into Your Living Water even in the most intensive droughts and sustain me with Your Love. Thank You.

I pray for those who are desperate for Your love, who need an extraordinary touch by their God. I ask that You make Yourself known to them in every aspect of their lives. Give them the courage and the humility to embrace You in Your fullness. Stir up the wonder of Your love within them so that they know they are not alone, they are accepted, and they are worthy of Your great love. Set them free from the deceptions of their hearts. Put them on sure footing, high upon the Rock.

You are the Almighty God, Maker of heaven and earth! You, Lord, are worthy of our praise. We bless You. We thank You. And we love You.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God? SUNDAY GLIMPSES @NanJonesAuthor helps you know Him more. (click to tweet)

Please don't carry your burden alone. I would be honored to pray with you. You may contact me directly at n...@jubilantlight.com

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 1/03/2016 06:00:00 AM

Nan

Jan 10, 2016, 6:00:05 AM1/10/16
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
by Nan Jones   @NanJonesAuthor

Father, In Your infinite wisdom You gave us the gift of laughter. Thank You for that. I often picture You getting tickled right along with us at the shenanigans Your children find themselves in. What joy to know that chains break at the sound of laughter. Shadows retreat at the slightest giggle. Tears transform from shards of sorrow to melodic notes in songs of joy. Blessed by Your Name Lord God. That is a miracle and a testimony of Your amazing love.

Help us find Your joy, Lord. Wash over us with abundant grace that allows us to find You and Your joy in the midst of our pain. Open our ears to find the humor. Open our hearts to laugh at ourselves. And let us find healing in the power of joy-filled laughter. We love You Lord and appreciate all that You do for us. Your tender care is so comforting and reassuring. Thank You for Your sweet, sweet Presence in our lives.

A Tweetable to Encourage Others

Where is God when I need to laugh? @NanJonesAuthor offers a glimpse. (click to tweet)

Please don't carry your burdens alone. I would be honored to pray for you. You may contact me directly at n...@jubilantlight.com

~#~

--
Posted By Nan to Morning Glory at 1/10/2016 06:00:00 AM