I'm missing each of you

1 view

n...@jubilantlight.com

May 29, 2016, 11:26:57 PM5/29/16
to morning-glor...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I've been experiencing an unplanned sabbatical from my blog and wanted to give you an update. In early April the Lord made a way for me to hire someone to migrate my blog from blogger to WordPress. I had been having several issues with blogger with email delivery to my subscribers. The Lord has blessed me with Dan King of FistBump Media who is putting my blog, website, and email all in one place. He will also be available to coach me through technical hiccups.

In mid-April I thought I was within 24 hours of having everything completed, so I emailed y'all to tell you that and to tell you that I wouldn't post again until everything was completed (I thought I would be posting Sunday Glimpses of that week). Well ... that didn't happen, but you know what? I fully believe in the sovereignty of God and I believe His timing is perfect. He has poured out His blessings on Dan's young business to the point that he needs to increase his staff ASAP! Dan has been gifted with several HUGE contracts that will meet the needs of his family and grow his business. He has been very apologetic about how long this has taken him, but I have reassured Him that God knows what He's doing.

Because of the delay, I had an unplanned sabbatical from blog deadlines every week. This allowed me to concentrate on the Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writer's Conference that I returned from this past Thursday. The Lord poured out His grace on me! My book, The Perils of a Pastor's Wife, was one of three finalists nationwide in my category for the 2016 Selah Awards. This is HUGE!! It is such an honor. You may have heard me screaming all the way at your house! Also, I took a fully prepared proposal for my next book, The Offering: Illuminating the Evidence of God Through Our Pain, and came away with two literary agents interested. One has my proposal and will contact me in 3-4 weeks. The other one is sending me his proposal template for me to follow and submit to the criteria for their agency. I'm so excited. The proposal package contains a total of close to 50 pages of stuff. Because of my "sabbatical" I was able to present my best work and hopefully will obtain a new contract soon.

Dan and I exchanged emails on Friday. He is hoping to have my blog/website finished by late tomorrow (Monday). That would be fantastic. Sometimes the unexpected happens, and he has to push his goals for me back a little, but I'm praying for divine intervention tomorrow. I would love your prayers too.

Once everything is finished, I will contact you with the new information and I hope against hope that you will want to resubscribe to receive my devotions twice a week. I will also need for anyone who is interested to share with your friends and help me get the word out. I'm excited to see what the Lord is up to. Thank you for being on this journey with me. I appreciate each of you more than you know.

May I pray for you?

Father, what a mighty God You are! I stand amazed at the goodness and faithfulness You show towards Your children. Thank You for loving us so much. Thank You for overseeing every detail of our lives. I pray for my friends - those who have stood alongside me on this crazy writing journey and have faithfully encouraged me through the blog posts You place on my heart. I ask that You hold them close and impart Your wisdom and understanding into their hearts and minds. I ask that You strengthen and encourage them, pour out Your grace upon them and meet their every need. Thank You for placing them in my life. And Lord, together, we pray for Dan as he finishes up my blog and website. He is a special man who has sacrificed much to put his wife and kids first. I ask that You amaze Him by Your provision and blessings on his company. Fill Him with Your peace. Lord, we love You so much and we appreciate all that You do for us. You are amazing. In Jesus' Name I pray, amen.

With a hug,

Nan

Nan Jones
Christian Author/Speaker
"Even so, I walk in the Presence of the Lord."

Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nan.t.jones