REMINDER: Campus Connector Hike - April 22

Jonathan Rosenbaum

Apr 18, 2008, 2:43:35 PM4/18/08
to Morgantown Pedestrian Safety Board
When: Earth Day, April 22
What: Campus Connector hike
Time: 12:00 (noon)
Where: Blaney House Parking lot (WVU President's home)
Ends: At the Blaney House

This Tuesday, April 22, aka Earth Day, we will be having an
all-inclusive hike of what Michael Bomford has termed as the Jones Ave.
and Grant Ave. Greenways in his pamphlet (see attached document). The
Grant Avenue Greenway is now essentially part of the Sunnyside Up
Streetscape which includes the Morgantown City side of the Campus
Connector (CC). The rest of the CC will be on WVU property that leads
up to the plateau in the vicinity of the Blaney House.

At 12:00 (noon) we will begin our hike at the Blaney House parking lot.
Please try to arrive by walking/bicycling/transit, however, there will
be parking arranged by Hugh Kierig, WVU Directory of Parking and
Transportation. He is looking forward to showing us the area being
designed into a new transit facility on the North Avenue Firehall
property that may be incorporated into the Jones Avenue Greenway. Jim
Hunt is excited about showing us the Sunnyside Up streetscape, and
enthusiastic Greg Good will be our tour guide facilitator.

This is going to be an exciting and informative hike. Please bring
cameras, note taking implements, sturdy walking shoes, comfortable
clothing, food and water. We will be hiking one large loop (mostly
paved) that includes hiking up the proposed undeveloped part of the CC
that goes sideways up the hill ending near the Blaney House.

See you there!

-Jonathan

Jonathan Rosenbaum

Apr 18, 2008, 2:46:40 PM4/18/08