Moqui Contribution Roadmap by Ayman/Netvariant

Ayman Abi Abdallah

Mar 6, 2019, 7:37:40 AM3/6/19
to Moqui Framework
Its good to see this mailing list active!

I have compiled a list of items that I and my company will be working on in the coming months. Some of the changes will most likely come in separate components as opposed to framework/runtime changes. I’m open to discuss any of the items.

Status Flows
Today there isn’t a screen where we can play around with status items/flows. We have to create them using seed data or the Entity screens. We’d like to add a few screens for status item/flow management and status flow visualization using using Mermaid JS or Draw2D.

Entity Details
I’ve been thinking about adding a visual representation to render a mini ERD when we view the entity details. This would use the existing entity fields and relations being displayed today.

Workflow Automation (screenshot below)
Some of you may have seen the workflow engine component we’ve built during the last Moqui conference. The engine has come a long way since then. We’ve incorporated many comments that I’ve received  from attendees at the time as well as customers (Workflow in bundled in a couple of products we have). We’re planning to open source this component in two parts:
  • Extendable Workflow engine (Moqui component)
  • A workflow builder (Front end component that can embedded into Vue.js projects)

Look & Feel Enhancement (screenshots below)
I have grown fond of the existing/default Moqui UI and I breeze through it because I use it so much on daily basis, so don’t consider this change as criticism or dislike. I see lots of room for UI/UX enhancements and tweaks. Such changes would improve the learning curve for new comers and charm people who are seeing Moqui for the first time. We can also benefit from this effort in establishing a recommended style guide for component contributions, after all Moqui components do follow convention as opposed to configuration in their file structure so why not apply it to UI as well.

Minor Changes
I’ve been wanting to make some limits (such as the drop-down items) configurable in XML rather than static. I’ve also been thinking of adding an entity for password policy as opposed to having it in XML. The reason for this change is that you sometimes need to update the policy at runtime without restarts (We’ve had a client who asked us to update the policy 3 times in a 2 day interval following Go-Live and we had to restart Moqui following every update).

Regards,
Ayman Abi Abdallah

Ayman Abi Abdallah

Mar 27, 2019, 8:20:44 AM3/27/19
to Moqui Framework
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to give you some heads up that we published the workflow engine & designer on GitHub yesterday.

Enjoy! Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
Ayman Abi Abdallah

Regards,
Ayman Abi Abdallah

<Moqui Login.png>

<Moqui Apps.png>

<Moqui Workflow.png>

Zhang Wei

Mar 28, 2019, 12:44:53 AM3/28/19
to Moqui Ecosystem
Excellent!

在 2019年3月6日星期三 UTC+8下午8:37:40,Ayman Abi Abdallah写道:

Zhang Wei

Apr 1, 2019, 9:21:57 PM4/1/19
to Moqui Ecosystem

I created a customized dashboard