Session Persistance

Marwan Dessouki

Nov 4, 2022, 4:27:52 AM11/4/22
to Moqui Ecosystem
Hi all,

Posting here because the forum is down.

We're using elastic beanstalk to host moqui, and everytime we update to a new version, the user session data is lost. It looks like moqui saves active sessions in the filesystem under the /runtime/sessions directory.

That being said, I was wondering if there is way to persist sessions across deployments. Does moqui support saving sessions in the database instead?

Jens Hardings

Nov 4, 2022, 8:01:00 AM11/4/22
to mo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marwan,

I have not been using elastic beanstalk so not sure how to implement it in that case, but if you use multiple instances with Hazelcast, the sessions are synchronized among the instances and you get zero downtime plus session persistence.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
--
Jens.