Moqui Conference 25-26 March 2022 - call for presentations

David E Jones

Nov 24, 2021, 5:04:56 PM11/24/21
to Moqui Framework
The Moqui Board met yesterday to discuss how the board can take a more active role and how the community of all Moqui users and contributors can better collaborate.

One event that will start in about two weeks from now (on Dec 10th) is a meet every other Friday to collaborate more directly. Note that the second meeting in the series is on Friday Dec 24th which is Christmas Eve. I and others may still join that day, but it brings up an important consideration with this call: the group who chooses to join will be different for each meet and while hopefully there will always be at least one board member on the call, that is also not guaranteed.

Another event we are planning is a remote-only two day conference on Friday March 25th and Saturday March 26th. We haven't had a conference since the event MK Decision hosted in 2019 in San Diego, and for this conference the plan is to use Google Meet for a fully remote conference.

Similar to previous conferences, each day will have 6 hours of presentations and discussions between 9am and 5pm US/Pacific time (with 15 minutes between each session plus one hour for lunch). All sessions will be recorded and posted to YouTube following the conference.

Out of the 12 one hour sessions I'll take one and unless there are too many presentations we'll have two panel discussion sessions. That leaves 9 open sessions. If you would like to present on a technical or business topic, share a project you've worked on or how you solved particular challenges, please contact me (d...@dejc.com) and I'll put together a schedule.

-David