Re: [Moq] Digest for moqdisc@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

Neil Haughton

Aug 11, 2013, 3:31:48 AM8/11/13
to moq...@googlegroups.com

I'm curious. Are you referring to VB or VB.net? If the latter even if  the app is written in that could you not write the tests in C# and get the benefit of full lambda support?

Neil Haughton
(from my mobile phone)

On Aug 11, 2013 1:45 AM, <moq...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/moqdisc/topics

    Daniel Cazzulino <dan...@cazzulino.com> Aug 10 12:38AM -0300

    Yup, sucks to have partial lambda support in VB. It's not in scope for Moq
    to add anything to alleviate that, I'm afraid.

    Rhino might be your safe bet there. You could say it excels at legacy code
    bases, being kinda legacy itself ;)

    /kzu

    --
    Daniel Cazzulino

Post: moq...@googlegroups.com

Daniel Cazzulino

Aug 12, 2013, 9:53:52 AM8/12/13
to moqdisc
VB IS VB.NET :P. Who does "plain" VB anymore? ;)

I understand they want/have to write VB code for tests (for whatever reason). Yes, writing the tests in C# is all it would take, but learning a new language may not be very productive for them (much less productive than just switching mocking libraries ;))

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino