MOQ vs VB9 :-(

Oleksiy Shyshkov

Aug 9, 2013, 2:12:06 PM8/9/13
to moq...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, there is nice framework you have here.

I just played with MOQ for 5 min as I planned to move from Rhino to MOQ. Unfortunately after 15 min, I decided not to move. And here is why:

I’ve hit an issue that MOQ is simply unable to handle. Rhino is Ok with it. The issue is caused the VB9 lacking support for Subs in lamda expressions.

Upgrade to VB10 is not easy considering size of the project and the team. Upgrade to C# is ... well ... impossible. Unfortunately, we all time to time have to deal with legacy code.

The bottom line: MOQ cannot be used for VB projects in VS2008 or earlier.

Any comments? Am I right? Am I wrong? Did I miss something?

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

Alex

Here are some links:

http://www.nerdfurio.us/blog/post.aspx?id=5e7af5be-8a2b-df11-bbe5-001143eed2d5

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/moqdisc/EDQN3VgntNI

http://forums.asp.net/t/1554124.aspx/1?Moq+and+MVC+VB+NET

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1157679/mocking-vb-net-methods-with-moq

Daniel Cazzulino

Aug 9, 2013, 11:38:09 PM8/9/13
to moqdisc
Yup, sucks to have partial lambda support in VB. It's not in scope for Moq to add anything to alleviate that, I'm afraid.

Rhino might be your safe bet there. You could say it excels at legacy code bases, being kinda legacy itself ;)

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino

Post: moq...@googlegroups.com