Expanded MoPac Patch Design

Whitefish Curling Club

Jan 27, 2010, 2:48:37 PM1/27/10
to mopacc...@googlegroups.com
Et all...

Since ya'll kinda like my initial entry, AND the Whitefish Curling Club
is applying for membership as we speak, here is the entire vision.

Main Patches will be BOTH digitally printed (sublimation) to hold
ALL the detail and color. All the text AND borders will be embroidered.

Individual ROCKERS for each club are sold separately, as are the
'Instructor' rockers.

I have requested a few quotes for this kind of custom work and
will pass along when they arrive so we know what costs may be.

Eight-Enders,

John D. Hoepfer

33 West Second St.
Whitefish, MT 59937

On Wednesday, January 27, 2010, at 10:56AM, "Paul Mendoza" <paulm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I also like that design a lot...it will be tough to beat! I think the
>contest is a great idea. Hopefully we can get this rolling soon.
>
>-Paul
>
>Hollywood Curling Club
>

>On Jan 27, 7:30 am, "Merwyn Nash" <ei...@ctcweb.net> wrote:
>> I agree looks good!!.   .
>>  Agree completely on opening the design up to the members as a contest and award.     A nice medal ( with this new design) and a professional print of the design in recognition of being chosen.  Very similar to what the USCA did a couple of years back with their medals???
>>
>> Merwyn Nash
>>
>> McCall Curling Club
>> McCall Idaho
>> 208-271-6465 cell

MoPacLogo.pdf

loreen makishima

Jan 27, 2010, 6:58:21 PM1/27/10
to mopacc...@googlegroups.com
Hi John, fellow MoPac members,

Just one question about the design - do you think it would be nice o have something in the logo that symbolizes curling?

I like the wave (Hokusai) and the Mountains.  But, there is no symbol (stone/rings/broom)
for the curling sport itself.

I went onto the USCA site - see what the other regions have and the attached word document is what I could find.  Most do have some type of curling 'symbol' in the logo.

Thought I'd ask...Thanks for getting this going again.

bye, loreen m.

--- On Wed, 1/27/10, Whitefish Curling Club <whitefishc...@me.com> wrote:
document24.doc

Whitefish Curling Club

Jan 27, 2010, 9:14:28 PM1/27/10
to mopacc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Loreen,

Well, yes, but here is my thinking:

First, I wanted to see what the feedback was.

Second, I was wondering if curling, at least on an Association level,
was ready to no longer have to explain itself by adding some sort of
equipment to it's identifying images.

Manchester United doesn't have a soccer ball...
The NHL doesn't have a puck...
Budweiser doesn't have bubbles...

And finally, I considered that most folks who would sew a patch
to their jacket would also have their club patch, which no doubt
would have some sort of stone, broom or house.

Although...
I did notice that some nice brooms crossed behind the patch
would balance the rockers very nicely...
Or maybe even a 'rising house' peeking up over the mountains.

Design is such a hoot!, Especially design by committee.
Bring on the ideas and comments... I love it!

John D. Hoepfer

33 West Second St.
Whitefish, MT 59937