26 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

tim irish

ongelezen,
7 feb 2010, 10:57:1007-02-2010
aan Adam Johnston, Arnie Iwanick, Barry Ivy, bart rockhill, Ben Womack, Ben Budin, Bev Schroeder, Bill Dunning, bob heffernan, brad williams, Cache Valley Stone Society, Carl Wolfram, carl porter, Chara Huckins, Charles Taggart, Chelsea Mitchell, Courtney, Dale Sandusky, Dan Johnson, Debbie Basrak, devin masters, don spring, Doug Jackson-Smith, Eddie Rubey, eric amsel, erik jacobsen, ernie, erwin weil, Eugene Jaroch, fred wolff, Gary Hill, gerald boyum, Harold Short, Iain Hueton, IPR Graphic, jacklin ralphs, Jennifer Wheeler, Jerome Larson, Jerry Becker, Joe Bierek, Joe Cornwell, Johann Vondrus, Jordon Gibb, Keith Powlowich, Kent Slade, Kyle Van der Meyden, Lanny Derby, Larry Freeze, Laura Paul, Lee Stone, Luke Granquist, Mark Biddle, Mark Rubey, Mark Davis, Mary Melton, mason kong, Matt Zbylut, matt domek, matt ondrus, michael gentry, Michelle Haxby, Mike Dellos, Mike Rozinka, Mike Carlisle, Mike Alessi, Neil Womack, Nick Anderson, nick kitinski, Ogden Curling Club, Paul Mendoza, paul byrd, Rich & Sharon Dressen, richard mellor, Rick Vannoy, rick dugan, Robert Richardson, robert neiderhauser, Ron Thornburg, scott braedon, Sharon Dressen, Stacy Hopkins, Steve Johnson, Steven Butler, Teresa Thomas, Tim Irish, Walter Leodolter, Weston Locke, Wyatt Hill
Hello Ogden Curlers,

I am sending an update on curling events and related items in our area.

#1 We NEED to send a team to the Pacific International Challenge. Utah has had a team there 8 out of the 11 years the PIC has been held. We are a bit of a notoriety up in Canada and it would be a shame if we lost out on our spot. Right now the PIC has grown so large (20 Mens teams, 16 Womens teams) and they have a waiting list of people wanting to attend. If we dont send a team we could lose our spot to another state.

#2 I was in Park City last night at an Olympic Ice event. They hosted a Meet and Greet Skate/Curl event and the public got to meet Olympians and take to the ice. A couple of the Olympic Team members came out and gave curling a try. I also met the Mayor of PC and introduced him to the sport. He is excited about the Utah Rocky Mountain Bonspiel being held there this year.  On that note, i hope everyone is marking their calendars for april 30th, May 1st, May 2nd. The Bonspiel will be held in PC on those dates. I hope you are planning on attending.

#3 Utah has a team in the Club National Championship this year. Team Taggart (Charles, Tim Irish, Mark Rubey, Ben Womack) will represent our state and compete in Madison WI. Feb 20th -27th. Wish us well. And you can log onto the USCA curling website to see how we are doing.

#4 Curling is alive and well in Utah. The Logan Club has started their Spring League. The Oval has curling on Friday nights and they have had such a good turnout that they are even considering adding additional time to allow for more curlers. PC has its league on saturday afternoon and they are excited to host the Bonspiel this year.

Things are looking good in the Utah curling world. Lets keep it up. Remeber the Open House on FEB 16th. Bring a friend and lets have some fun.

Thanks, Tim

Craig Webster

ongelezen,
7 feb 2010, 11:41:4107-02-2010
aan mopacc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Buddy,
One of your Ogden guys was out in Portland last Tuesday and curled
with me. I was skipping and he was third. Our ice was pretty heavy
that night and I worked his ass off sweeping.
The good news is that, after a slow start, we kicked butt.

Good to hear from you. Congratulations on Club Nationals! I went to
them in St Paul a while back. It was great fun. I will keep an eye
out for you in the win column.

See ya,

Craig...

Iain Hueton

ongelezen,
15 feb 2010, 17:40:4715-02-2010
aan tim irish, Adam Johnston, Arnie Iwanick, Barry Ivy, bart rockhill, Ben Womack, Ben Budin, Bev Schroeder, Bill Dunning, bob heffernan, brad williams, Cache Valley Stone Society, Carl Wolfram, carl porter, Chara Huckins, Charles Taggart, Chelsea Mitchell, Courtney, Dale Sandusky, Dan Johnson, Debbie Basrak, devin masters, don spring, Doug Jackson-Smith, Eddie Rubey, eric amsel, erik jacobsen, ernie, erwin weil, Eugene Jaroch, fred wolff, Gary Hill, gerald boyum, Harold Short, IPR Graphic, jacklin ralphs, Jennifer Wheeler, Jerome Larson, Jerry Becker, Joe Bierek, Joe Cornwell, Johann Vondrus, Jordon Gibb, Keith Powlowich, Kent Slade, Kyle Van der Meyden, Lanny Derby, Larry Freeze, Laura Paul, Lee Stone, Luke Granquist, Mark Biddle, Mark Rubey, Mark Davis, Mary Melton, mason kong, Matt Zbylut, matt domek, matt ondrus, michael gentry, Michelle Haxby, Mike Dellos, Mike Rozinka, Mike Carlisle, Mike Alessi, Neil Womack, Nick Anderson, nick kitinski, Ogden Curling Club, Paul Mendoza, paul byrd, Rich & Sharon Dressen, richard mellor, Rick Vannoy, rick dugan, Robert Richardson, robert neiderhauser, Ron Thornburg, scott braedon, Sharon Dressen, Stacy Hopkins, Steve Johnson, Steven Butler, Teresa Thomas, Walter Leodolter, Weston Locke, Wyatt Hill
Fellow curlers,
I've been working with a group for the last few months (www.trolleydistrict.org) to "encourage" UTA and UDOT to reconsider their current plans to push a the downtown-to-WSU / Dee Event Center streetcar up 36th St.  Streetcars are an incredibly useful tools not only for transportation but for economic development.  They encourage different land-use patterns and bring people, energy and activity to the downtown (similar to our objectives at GOAL).  The historic route for a crosstown street car is up 25th St where it will encourage re-use of large, underutilized properties and connect many important community sites.  We have helped to arrange for a noted national streetcar expert to come to Union Station on Thursday this week to help argue our case, and we need community members like all of you to come out and learn about this project.  It represents the largest public capital investment ($100million+) that Ogden will see in the next several decades and it is critical that this money is spent correctly.  Of course it doesn't hurt that it will link FrontRunner directly to the Ice Sheet.....
Feel free to call if you have any questions, and  I look forward to seeing you there.
Iain

Iain Hueton1804 Ross DriveOgden UT, 84403www.toriandesigns.comphone 801-627-4...@yahoo.com