What is your Club planning to do for the Olympics?

Nick-K

Dec 6, 2009, 3:39:57 AM12/6/09
to MoPac Curling
Hollywood Curling is planning several open houses and learn to Curl
Classes from Jan 31st-March 7th to meet the Olympic demand.
We are also organizing our members go to popular sports bars around
town and promote Curling as it is playing live during the Olympics.
Don't forget to get media coverage, since they will be looking for
people like us....

Nick
HOllywood

tim irish

Dec 6, 2009, 9:02:40 AM12/6/09
to mopacc...@googlegroups.com
Hey nick, these are great ideas, I will volunteer to go bar-hopping to promote our sport.    ;)

Matt G

Dec 8, 2009, 7:17:18 PM12/8/09
to MoPac Curling
The main idea behind the bar hopping is if you can find bars with
shuffle board tables, you can arrange a curling club night and maybe
do a tournament. If you can engage the rest of the patrons it would
help promote the social aspect of the sport, and be an easy segue into
curling. You do this before an open house as promotion.

If you're able to develop a relationship with these bars, you can get
them to show curling during the Olympics and have watching parties. In
theory, you get a bunch of club members to hang out and watch and be
available to talk to people about it that happen to get caught up. If
you plan open houses around this time, this will be another
promotional too.

If you have large groups showing up, you can do raffles or other
contests. People like free stuff and beer. Hell, get some of the new
"hurry hard" condoms to give out. I'm sure a couple of bar patrons
will really be thankful later on and come curl with you.

And if you're savvy enough, you can figure out how to turn these into
fund raising events. However, the #1 benefit is exposure and
awareness.