Snow in Whitefish

0 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

Whitefish Curling Club

непрочетено,
22.11.2009 г., 14:40:5522.11.09 г.
до mopacc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabrielle,

Good to hear from you.
Not sure of my schedule today, but
will probably be near the phone this
evening... would love to chat.

I am past Pres. of Aspen Curling Club,
and therefore had a very strong sense of how to
'git er done' here in Whitefish. Good cooperation
from City of Whitefish, in fact THEY asked me
to start the club and partner with them in development.

My sense is that MoPac is poised on the brink of change...

Our club needs connections and relationships with clubs
of similar heart and desire... right now the strongest relationship
is with Lethbridge CC in Alberta, which we will ALWAYS have.
But our eye is on Montana/Wyoming support & development.

After introductions, let's begin our conversation with the Big Picture, eh?

Blessings,

John D. Hoepfer

33 West Second St.
Whitefish, MT 59937

On Sunday, November 22, 2009, at 11:08AM, "Gabrielle Coleman" <gcur...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi there, Whitefish CC!  I'm Gabrielle Coleman from MoPac and the San Francisco Bay Area Curling Club.  First - congratulations and well done!   Second, though I'm not an official rep from either club at the moment (thought I'll likely be back on the board at SF in a few months), I'd be happy to talk to you about going forward.  I'm curling in Seattle right now, but I can probably give you a call this afternoon.  My cell is 650-814-9548.  I normally work overnights, so evenings after 6 PST are the best times to call me.

It's great to see curling in Montana - and I hope we can help you!

best wishes and good curling,
Gabrielle

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Whitefish Curling <whitefishc...@me.com> wrote:
Evidently the fruit was ripe and ready for harvest. Having moved from
concept to over 50 members & 8 league teams in less than 4 months
speaks of the sport of curling and its attraction to community. We are
over 90% novice curlers, most of whom had fallen in love with the
sport before even touching their first stone. We have had the support
of: McCall Curling Club, Boise Curling Club, Anchorage Curling Club,
Bismarck Curling Club & Lethbridge Curling Club (Alberta). Two months
of fundraising has allowed us to purchase our FIRST 2 sheets of
stones. (We borrowed 2 sheets from Bismarck). We curl from 10:15 pm
until 1:00 am every Saturday night. Social broomstacking is every
Monday night at The Great Northern Brewery in beautiful downtown
Whitefish, MT (A major supporting sponsor who will become 'CURLING
CENTRAL' during the Olympics with EVERY televised curling match on the
BIG SCREEN).

On a 10 point scale, our ARENA ICE was at least an 8.5 last night, and
there were some VERY GOOD league games... we are developing some very
good curlers! We have new members and more media coverage almost every
week. Ya gotta love the HONEYMOON!

It is our goal to continue developing ARENA CURLING elsewhere in
Montana... to provide the model and support to Missoula, Bozeman,
Helena... wherever ice can be found, indoors or out!

We have a question... Should we join MoPac? Should we join North
Dakota Curling Association? Should we remain 'At Large' (After all,
Montana IS the LAST BEST PLACE - smile)?

ps... We have Club Pins available @ $5 each
visit us at: www.whitefishcurlingclub.com

Gabrielle

непрочетено,
23.11.2009 г., 21:20:5023.11.09 г.
до MoPac Curling
Excellent! Sorry I wasn't able to call yesterday - for some reason
this didn't get forwarded to my email like most messages...
Anyways, I'm going to try to get a little laundry started, then I'll
give you a call. :)

On Nov 22, 11:40 am, Whitefish Curling Club
<whitefishcurlingc...@me.com> wrote:
> Hi Gabrielle,
>
> Good to hear from you.
> Not sure of my schedule today, but
> will probably be near the phone this
> evening... would love to chat.
>
> I am past Pres. of Aspen Curling Club,
> and therefore had a very strong sense of how to
> 'git er done' here in Whitefish. Good cooperation
> from City of Whitefish, in fact THEY asked me
> to start the club and partner with them in development.
>
> My sense is that MoPac is poised on the brink of change...
>
> Our club needs connections and relationships with clubs
> of similar heart and desire... right now the strongest relationship
> is with Lethbridge CC in Alberta, which we will ALWAYS have.
> But our eye is on Montana/Wyoming support & development.
>
> After introductions, let's begin our conversation with the Big Picture, eh?
>
> Blessings,
>
> John D. Hoepfer
>
> 33 West Second St.
> Whitefish, MT 59937