1.6.0 is out!

Sérgio Crisóstomo

Jan 21, 2016, 2:09:40 PM1/21/16
to MooTools Users
Just to let you all know 1.6.0 is out.
Available in the website and at Google's CDN (https://developers.google.com/speed/libraries/#mootools)

There is a open issue about new communication channels, feedback is welcome :)

Cheers!

Bryan Garaventa

Jan 21, 2016, 3:19:10 PM1/21/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Excellent, have any of the prior API method names changed from that to this one?

I’m going to need to plug this into the accessible widget archive for MooTools at

http://whatsock.com/bootstrap/mootools/

and

http://whatsock.com/mootools/

It’s just a matter of swapping one file out for the new, but it would help to know if there are any conflicts.

Thanks,

Bryan

--

---

Sérgio Crisóstomo

Jan 21, 2016, 3:48:42 PM1/21/16
to MooTools Users

Hi Bryan,

I don't know whatsock in depth so I cannot answer with confidence.

In the compat layer we made no API changes.
In the no-compat layer we made a change to adapt to ES6 "Array.from".
We renamed the ".from" method in Array, Function, String and Number to ".convert".

Cheers

Bryan Garaventa

Jan 21, 2016, 4:41:07 PM1/21/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Thanks J

That shouldn’t cause any problems, the widget modules primarily tap into the rendering and AJAX methods, so if these are the same even nocompat should be fine. I’ll give it a swing later and see what happens.

All the best,

Bryan

Jan 22, 2016, 12:38:32 PM1/22/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I think I found a bug in MooTools, but it’s hard for me to tell.

It seems that this occurs in the earlier version of MooTools too, as well as the latest version, which can be seen in Chrome at

http://whatsock.com/bootstrap/mootools/

If you activate the Carousel tab, MooTools appears to be choking on the line "testNode.style is undefined" within MooTools Core. It also won’t render at all in Firefox, which is strange, but it does in IE11.

Any idea what would be causing this?

You can see the MooTools version file and code file in the GitHub repo at

https://github.com/accdc/bootstrap-mootools

Within the folder js/mootools-core.js.

It would be great to track down why this is occurring.

Best wishes,

Bryan

Jan 22, 2016, 11:23:40 PM1/22/16
to mootool...@googlegroups.com

Hi, as a quick update, I believe I’ve traced this to the syntax of a Request instance that pulls in XML content, which is failing for some reason.

Do you have documentation for the correct syntax for parsing XML content using a Request object?

Thanks,