Date.js and FormValidator Localization for German

Frank Rossi

Feb 16, 2009, 10:21:58 AM2/16/09
to mootoo...@googlegroups.com
hi,

German translation for Date.js and FormValidator.js are ready.

One Note:
In Date.js there is a ordinal function "getOrdinal".
In German there is nothing like this. Just 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. etc.
It is better to insert dots instead of the 'th', 'st', 'nd', 'rd', 'th'

Dont't know how post the files to GitHub (looks complicated ;-)
so I attached the files to this mail...

cheers
frank

Date.German.js
FormValidator.German.js

Frank Rossi

Feb 16, 2009, 10:30:34 AM2/16/09
to mootoo...@googlegroups.com

sorry, some corrections... take these files!

Frank
Date.German.js
FormValidator.German.js

Frank Rossi

Feb 16, 2009, 11:01:31 AM2/16/09
to mootoo...@googlegroups.com
I've set up two Gist at GitHub now. You can take it from there...

Date.German.js: http://gist.github.com/65221
FormValidator.German.js: http://gist.github.com/65220

cheers
Frank

Ulrich Petri

Feb 16, 2009, 6:43:53 PM2/16/09
to MooTools Lang
Hi,

I've fixed a minor typo in the FormValidator.

In Date.German.js I made the following changes:

- changed the getOrdinal function to just return '.' as we have no 1st
2nd. etc. in German as Frank already said.
- changed the XtimeUnitsAgo/InXTimeUnits messages to be shorter and
more concise.

There is still a problem with "am"/"pm" as this concept is not used in
Germany when dealing with time of day. (We use 24h clocks).

The Files are here:
FormValidator.German.js http://gist.github.com/65452
Date.German.js: http://gist.github.com/65456

Bye
Ulrich

Ulrich Petri

Feb 16, 2009, 6:47:35 PM2/16/09
to MooTools Lang
Something I forgot: there should be a setting for first day of week as
in Germany (and most of Europe AFAIK) the week starts on Monday.

On 17 Feb., 00:43, Ulrich Petri <m...@ulo.pe> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've fixed a minor typo in the FormValidator.
>
> In Date.German.js I made the following changes:
>
> - changed the getOrdinal function to just return '.' as we have no 1st
> 2nd. etc. in German as Frank already said.
> - changed the XtimeUnitsAgo/InXTimeUnits messages to be shorter and
> more concise.
>
> There is still a problem with "am"/"pm" as this concept is not used in
> Germany when dealing with time of day. (We use 24h clocks).
>
> The Files are here:
> FormValidator.German.jshttp://gist.github.com/65452

Aaron Newton

Feb 16, 2009, 7:06:44 PM2/16/09
to mootoo...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Ulrich Petri <ma...@ulo.pe> wrote:

Something I forgot: there should be a setting for first day of week as
in Germany (and most of Europe AFAIK) the week starts on Monday.

Good idea. I'll add this to the file soon. I'm a little behind picking up all these translations - I hope to get to them today or tomorrow.

Nicolas Sorosac

Feb 17, 2009, 4:08:25 AM2/17/09
to mootoo...@googlegroups.com
As Ulrich said, it's true there might be a problem with the "am/pm" concept, if it is automated in mootools "Date" scripts.

But when I take a look at the "Date" class, I see that the "setAMPM" method is not automatically called, so there should be no problem with that concept as long as we don't call this method ourselves.

Besides, the "format" method seems to embed some common date formats (ISO, RFC, etc.) which do not include the 12-hour-clock period marker.

Fábio Costa

Feb 17, 2009, 6:48:34 AM2/17/09
to mootoo...@googlegroups.com
In Brazil we don't use AM/PM too... i think in most of the countries.
We use 24h.

about 1st, 2nd.... i've sent the function to return 1º, 2º, 3º... as we use here.

Fábio Miranda Costa
Engenheiro de Computação
http://meiocodigo.com