MOOSE Inatallation Issues

Buhari Ibrahim

Jul 1, 2022, 9:21:43 AM7/1/22
to moose-users
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the group and to MOOSE. I tried to follow the instructions on the website to install MOOSE for the first time, however, I run into this problem (attached). Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Thank you.

Regards,
BI.
Screenshot 2022-07-01 090947.png

dan...@schwen.de

Jul 1, 2022, 9:25:13 AM7/1/22
to moose...@googlegroups.com
We are migrating our mailing list to
https://github.com/idaholab/moose/discussions,
could you please start a new discussion with your question there or check if the
question has been answered already? Thank you.

P.S.: This is an automatic message :-)

Daniel Schwen

Jul 1, 2022, 12:56:00 PM7/1/22
to moose-users
Your LIBMESH_DIR environment variable is pointing to a manually built libmesh location, but it looks like you never installed it there.
Don't build libmesh yourself, use the moose-libmesh condo package. I.e. do not manually override LIBMESH_DIR.

Casey Icenhour

Jul 8, 2022, 10:33:01 AM7/8/22
to moose...@googlegroups.com
Could also be a matter of deactivating and reactivating the moose environment (LIBMESH_DIR might not be set yet). This is mentioned in our getting started procedure and makes sure all environment variables are set up correctly. If you have installed moose-libmesh, you should run "conda deactivate" and then "conda activate moose" before trying to build moose again.