Problem compiling on falcon

Hans Hammer

Oct 28, 2015, 3:27:57 PM10/28/15
to moose-users
Howdy,

I try to compile moose on Falcon after the recent libmesh update, but I always get an compiler error (see below). I tried to get a clean copy by cloning moose again, but I still ran into that problem. My packages are:

Currently Loaded Modules:
  1) pbs   2) use.moose   3) GCC/4.9.2   4) cppunit/1.12.1-GCC-4.9.2   5) tbb/4.3.0.090   6) MVAPICH2/2.0.1-GCC-4.9.2   7) moose-dev-gcc

Any ideas on what I miss?

Thanks,
Hans

moose/framework/src/mesh/MooseMesh.C: In member function 'void MooseMesh::init()':
moose/framework/src/mesh/MooseMesh.C:1708:9: error: no match for 'operator!' (operand type is 'libMesh::AutoPtr<libMesh::Partitioner>')
     if (!_custom_partitioner)
         ^
moose/framework/src/mesh/MooseMesh.C:1708:9: note: candidate is:
moose/framework/src/mesh/MooseMesh.C:1708:9: note: operator!(bool) <built-in>
moose/framework/src/mesh/MooseMesh.C:1708:9: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from 'libMesh::AutoPtr<libMesh::Partitioner>' to 'bool'

Peterson, JW

Oct 28, 2015, 3:39:11 PM10/28/15
to moose-users
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Hans Hammer <hans....@tamu.edu> wrote:
Howdy,

I try to compile moose on Falcon after the recent libmesh update, but I always get an compiler error (see below). I tried to get a clean copy by cloning moose again, but I still ran into that problem. My packages are:

Currently Loaded Modules:
  1) pbs   2) use.moose   3) GCC/4.9.2   4) cppunit/1.12.1-GCC-4.9.2   5) tbb/4.3.0.090   6) MVAPICH2/2.0.1-GCC-4.9.2   7) moose-dev-gcc

Any ideas on what I miss?

This has already been fixed in libmesh upstream, but it will affect anyone who configures libmesh without --enable-unique-ptr (which may be the case for our Falcon build).

Your quickest fix is to go change the line in question from:

if (!_custom_partitioner)

to:

if (_custom_partitioner->get() == NULL)

--
John

Miller, Jason M

Oct 28, 2015, 3:45:29 PM10/28/15
to moose...@googlegroups.com
It looks like I need to add that switch to the build scripts that run when we do a libMesh update on the HPC clusters.
So.... I am about to perform a libMesh update on Falcon (and possibly Fission) to solve this.

Sorry for the hold up!
Jason

Peterson, JW

Oct 28, 2015, 4:21:14 PM10/28/15
to moose-users
On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Peterson, JW <jw.pe...@inl.gov> wrote:
Sorry, that should be:

if (_custom_partitioner.get() == NULL)

--
John

Cody Permann

Oct 28, 2015, 4:24:00 PM10/28/15
to moose-users
I'm going to put that fix in so it doesn't bite anyone else. For now we are still maintaining C++03 compatibility so it needs to be fixed anyway.

Hans Rüdiger Hammer

Oct 29, 2015, 10:55:42 AM10/29/15
to moose...@googlegroups.com
I did a pull this morning and this seemed to fix that problem, but now I
get a new compiler error.

Hans

moose/framework/src/parser/Parser.C: In member function 'void
Parser::checkUnidentifiedParams(std::vector<std::basic_string<char> >&,
bool, bool, boost::shared_ptr<FEProblem>) const':
moose/framework/src/parser/Parser.C:375:55: error: 'const class GetPot'
has no member named 'get_requested_variables'
std::set<std::string> requested_vars =
_getpot_file.get_requested_variables();
^

On 28/10/15 15:23, Cody Permann wrote:
> I'm going to put that fix in so it doesn't bite anyone else. For now
> we are still maintaining C++03 compatibility so it needs to be fixed
> anyway.
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 2:21 PM Peterson, JW <jw.pe...@inl.gov
> <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov>> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Peterson, JW <jw.pe...@inl.gov
> <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov>> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Hans Hammer
> <hans....@tamu.edu <mailto:hans....@tamu.edu>> wrote:
>
> Howdy,
>
> I try to compile moose on Falcon after the recent libmesh
> update, but I always get an compiler error (see below). I
> tried to get a clean copy by cloning moose again, but I
> still ran into that problem. My packages are:
>
> Currently Loaded Modules:
> 1) pbs 2) use.moose 3) GCC/4.9.2 4)
> cppunit/1.12.1-GCC-4.9.2 5) tbb/4.3.0.090
> <http://4.3.0.090> 6) MVAPICH2/2.0.1-GCC-4.9.2 7)
> moose-dev-gcc
>
> Any ideas on what I miss?
>

> This has already been fixed in libmesh upstream, but it will
> affect anyone who configures libmesh without
> --enable-unique-ptr (which may be the case for our Falcon build).
>
> Your quickest fix is to go change the line in question from:
>
> if (!_custom_partitioner)
>
> to:
>
> if (_custom_partitioner->get() == NULL)
>

> Sorry, that should be:
>
> if (_custom_partitioner.get() == NULL)
>

> --
> John
> --
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CAK06EuVTLc8c0gUHqja1fr8bGn%3DvgMn0y2rVqcyqaGkyxrAvvg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CAK06EuVTLc8c0gUHqja1fr8bGn%3DvgMn0y2rVqcyqaGkyxrAvvg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
signature.asc

Cody Permann

Oct 29, 2015, 11:00:31 AM10/29/15
to moose...@googlegroups.com
That method was added in libMesh but if you are current you should have it. Are you using your own libMesh or one supplied by the system? If you are using your own, make sure you run "git submodule update".

Cody

Laboure, Vincent M

Oct 29, 2015, 11:02:51 AM10/29/15
to moose...@googlegroups.com
I am experiencing the same problem (using the libMesh provided by the system)

Hans Rüdiger Hammer

Oct 29, 2015, 11:04:22 AM10/29/15
to moose...@googlegroups.com
I use the falcon moose module and the libmesh provided with it.

Hans
> > <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov>>>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:38 PM, Peterson, JW
> <jw.pe...@inl.gov <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov>
> > <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov
> <mailto:jw.pe...@inl.gov>>> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM, Hans Hammer
> > <hans....@tamu.edu <mailto:hans....@tamu.edu>
> <mailto:hans....@tamu.edu <mailto:hans....@tamu.edu>>>
> <mailto:moose-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:moose-users...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:moose-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/moose-users.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CANj%2BmwBSxp2zVaHetfiL_XE3JodhMMX6O3%3DLLaSihYTSrVY-8w%40mail.gmail.com
> >
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CANj%2BmwBSxp2zVaHetfiL_XE3JodhMMX6O3%3DLLaSihYTSrVY-8w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
> >
> > --
> email to
> > moose-users...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:moose-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:moose-users...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:moose-users%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/moose-users.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CAK06EuVTLc8c0gUHqja1fr8bGn%3DvgMn0y2rVqcyqaGkyxrAvvg%40mail.gmail.com
> >
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CAK06EuVTLc8c0gUHqja1fr8bGn%3DvgMn0y2rVqcyqaGkyxrAvvg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/5632336B.6030809%40tamu.edu.
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CAK06EuWMHuVtiBJ%2BLQ4NO8CKSQ%3D_JFPLrNoumwh0auDSDEKN%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CAK06EuWMHuVtiBJ%2BLQ4NO8CKSQ%3D_JFPLrNoumwh0auDSDEKN%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CACO0e4zkufPUzJ%2BCPtLVe80j0Nqb7eW4MqxJ%3DbykhXXddfvx1A%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/moose-users/CACO0e4zkufPUzJ%2BCPtLVe80j0Nqb7eW4MqxJ%3DbykhXXddfvx1A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
signature.asc

Cody Permann

Oct 29, 2015, 11:08:52 AM10/29/15
to moose...@googlegroups.com
We are looking into the issue now. There may be an issue with Falcon's libMesh. We'll report back when we've resolved the issue.