Question about updating boundary variables each time step

Chunhui Zhao

Oct 9, 2022, 8:42:08 PM10/9/22
to moose-users
Dear Moose community,

I'm new to moose. We would like to implement dynamics rupture earthquake problem. The geometry setup is two rectangular blocks with the bottom boundary of upper block and the top boundary of lower block are considered as fault surface.

At the current point, we are able to
1. solve the dynamic FEM problem using "TensorMechanics" "CentralDifference" to get displacement.
2. extract the displacement on the two fault surfaces mentioned above as "AuxVariable" using "AuxKernel" restricted at those surfaces.

Now we would like to do some multiplications with the data on the surfaces(to ensure continuity conditions), and feed the post-computed displacements as boundary condition applied on the weak form and solve the system again for the next time step.

I'm wondering which would be the better approach for this. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

dan...@schwen.de

Oct 9, 2022, 8:45:12 PM10/9/22
to moose...@googlegroups.com
We are migrating our mailing list to
https://github.com/idaholab/moose/discussions,
could you please start a new discussion with your question there or check if the
question has been answered already? Thank you.

P.S.: This is an automatic message :-)