Password character limit

Ben M

Oct 15, 2020, 9:30:16 AM10/15/20
to moolt...@googlegroups.com
I have been reading and I have seen some threads mentioning that password character limits could be increased beyond 31 characters for the mooltipass mini, but I have not found anything that says that this was done.

Was there a firmware update that allowed this? I would be really happy if this was possible. :)

Also, I read that the mooltipass ble would support longer Unicode passwords, once he firmware is production, would it be possible to have this feature brought back to the mini so I could use my old one as a second device rather than just having a password backup file?

I realize that the firmware would be different between the two devices and it would likely take some effort, so this is more of a wishlist than anything.

Thanks for all the hard work, and I look forward to getting my cool new mooltipass when you guys finish production!

mathieu...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2020, 9:58:56 AM10/15/20
to Ben M, mooltipass
Hello there!

I'm afraid that the mooltipass mini will keep its current 31 characters limit for the time being, while the mini ble will allow 64 characters long Unicode passwords.
Given our current resources, I'm sure you'll understand that we choose to prioritize the new device firmware development :). However, we hope to maybe see new contributors wanting to tackle this quite complex task (given the mini architecture).

Mathieu

Ben M

Oct 15, 2020, 1:04:34 PM10/15/20
to mathieu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Makes perfect sense, and thank you for confirming the current state of the mini.

Now I am just kicking myself for not ordering two of the BLE versions to get the higher character limit in the short term.

Darn. :)

Thanks Mathieu!

mathieu...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2020, 2:06:37 PM10/15/20
to Ben M, mooltipass
Sure :).

I personally hope to be able to start selling the new device at the end of December... But it will be tough...