Battery and TOTP

Ian Kelly

Aug 1, 2021, 2:18:57 PM8/1/21
to mooltipass
I have two problems.
This evening I went to use my BLE, the battery was
Fully charged. After 15 minutes the battery was
Completely flat. This happened before and I have done the
5 hour battery reconditioning set up.
The second problem is when using Bluetooth and
Logging onto a site the sending of the user name and
Password goes fine but when sending the TOTP I get a
Message on the mooltipass saying "Time not set"
Can you advise how I can sort this out.

Regards ian

Mathieu Stephan

Aug 1, 2021, 2:22:20 PM8/1/21
to mooltipass
Hello Ian!

Problem 1): could you update your device to bundle v3 using www.themooltipass.com/updates ? In theory our latest fw should fix this issue...
Problem 2): Moolticute is in charge of sending the time to the device... After the device is switched on, it should communicate at least once with moolticute to fetch the current time. Please also note time keeping is currently being improved :)

Mathieu

Ian Kelly

Aug 7, 2021, 7:24:11 AM8/7/21
to mooltipass
Hi Mathieu,

I have completed the battery reconditioning and at the end there were multiple windows stating " MiMH Reconditioning Finished"
and Reconditioning finished in 4311.85 seconds.
There was no reference to a score.
On the issue of TOTP,
When the BLE is connected to a PC and I select a credential on the screen that has TOTP the unit asks me if i want to Type Login, i select no, it then asks me to type Password, again select no and finally to type TOTP and select no, the next question is to display Credentials and if I select yes then the logon,password and TOTP is displayed with the remaining time in ().
With the BLE disconnected from the PC and running on its own battery when i select a credential it asks me if i want to display the credential I select yes but it does not show the TOTP, only the logon and password.
When connected to an external battery bank the BLE  display will say "display credential", i select yes and it displays as above, the login and password, no TOTP.
When I do the same but connect to my phone with bluetooth  when selecting login and password it works fine but when i select TOTP it returns a message "Time not set".
This implies that the only time the TOTP works is when it is connected to a PC via USB with Moolticute running. I am unable to bluetooth to my PC as it does not have bluetooth,
I am running the following:
Moolticute Version v0.50.0
Aux MCU version 0.64
Main MCU version 0.75
Bundle Version 3

The phone being used is Samsung Galaxy A212, Model SM-A217F/DS running Android version 11
 On a side note is there any way to increase the brightness on the screen, when it is plugged into a PC or battery bank the brightness is great but when running on its own internal battery it is barely visible in a lit room and impossible to read outdoors.
Can you advise what next steps I can take moving forward.
I have a set of logs I can send you directly

Mathieu Stephan

Aug 7, 2021, 7:24:36 AM8/7/21
to mooltipass
Hello Ian!