Oh dear, the Mini seems to be dead.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2020, 9:47:22 PM7/17/20
to mooltipass
Alas I don't use it as much as I was anticipating, but still......

It usually sits there and powers up when I turn on the PC.

The other day I had to unplug it to use the USB port for another thing.

Today I am needing to log in to a site and decided to use it as I couldn't be bothered digging through the paper work to find the password.

I pick it up and look at it.  No screen.   "Oh!   I forgot to plug it back in the other day!

Look at the USB port: green (indicating device plugged in) and it is the Mini cable.

Unplug it and re-plug it.   Nothing.   The LED comes on at the USB port.

Unplug it at the Mini and plug it back in.    Nothing.

Try another USB port.   Nothing.   No USB connected sound either.

So....   What now?

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2020, 9:51:15 PM7/17/20
to mooltipass
Update:

Running the deamon on the PC, it seems to see the Mini.  But anything I try to do it asks me to unlock it.   Which is fair enough.

Problem is with no screen, it is kind of difficult.

However, as I said when I plug in the Mini, there is no sound acknowledging the device.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2020, 3:19:05 AM7/18/20
to fuzzywu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hello there!

Let's try to find a solution together.
If I understand correctly, you're saying that Moolticute correctly detects your device, but you don't hear the detection sound from your computer.
Could you perhaps try with another USB cable?

Regards,
Mathieu

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2020, 3:45:14 AM7/18/20
to mooltipass
Ok, another thing to help with what is going on......   The ..... demon's icon.   (Top of the window in the tool bar)

Unplugged, I get this:

With the Mini plugged in, I see this:

New cable, no change.  Still no display.

Oh, opening the App/deamon:

I think it seems the Mini as when I ask it to do something it asks me to unlock the Mini.

Chris Huitema

Jul 18, 2020, 4:18:04 AM7/18/20
to fuzzywu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Mine also did the same thing about 3 months ago, managed to open it up and replace the screen.

Part number was found in GitHub for it. I ended up getting a white text screen and it looks sweet

While I was waiting for the screen I managed to unlock it and do a backup. In very very bright light at just the right angle I could make out the screen.. so it must just be the backlight that goes

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2020, 4:27:55 AM7/18/20
to mooltipass
Thanks.

Sounds interesting.

But before I "void the warranty" I shall see if there are any other options.

I may try what you said about the light to see the screen.

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2020, 6:01:54 AM7/18/20
to fuzzywu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hello All,

Yep, we recently had a few customers experiencing a failed screen.
Could you get in touch with me in private so we can find the best solution for your case?

Mathieu