A thought (discussion) about how the Mooltipass works.

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2020, 2:38:55 AM7/26/20
to mooltipass
I see there is a new BLE version coming soon.

Ok, my thoughts/questions/ideas:

I think there is/are three versions.
They all have a card you need to insert and a PIN to enter.

This is just thinking aloud:
Very recently one of my Mini's had a failure of the display.
(Can't do much with it any more)

My take on how they work is this:
You plug it in and the computer sees it as a HID (keyboard) and a bit more.
When you go to a site (with the program installed on the browser) you are automagically promoted to tap the button on the Mooltipass to log you in.
The screen prompts you if there is more than one log in stored.

Now, why can't there be a pop up window on the PC (browser) which displays these things and you still press a button on the Mooltipass?

That would eliminate problems if the display fails.
All GUI stuff is done in/on a pop up window either in the browser or via the Daemon.

Just asking/thinking/"putting it out there".

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2020, 3:33:06 AM7/26/20
to fuzzywu...@gmail.com, mooltipass
Well, the device has a display so that you don't need to trust your computer's :).

fuzzywu...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2020, 4:03:49 AM7/26/20
to mooltipass
It is only a thought that with this suggestion, it removes a point of failure.

As I said:  just a suggestion.