space in password

chris....@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 7:34:30 AM7/31/21
to mooltipass
Hi Mathieu,

I have a strange bug, in a database copied from an original mini to the BLE mini some of my passwords stopped working.. after loads of troubleshooting I have unfortunately found a bug

If I create a credential with a password r'_1 for example when I display the credential it displays correctly, when I check in management mode its saved correctly, however when the MP types it in via USB or BT there is a space added between the ' and the _

My guess would be some escaping bug, it seems to happen with a five special chars in particular
~ ` ' " ^

Can you please verify its not just me!

Cheers,
Chris

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 7:37:17 AM7/31/21
to chris....@gmail.com, mooltipass
Hello,

It indeed looks like an escaping bug, which depends on the os you're using.
Could you let me know your software configuration? I'm guessing you're on Linux... Which layout are you using?

Mathieu

chris....@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 7:43:45 AM7/31/21
to mooltipass
Windows 10, US English keyboard
also on BLE its set for US international

initially i thought it was notepad++ trying to auto close quotes, however it seems to happen in every program i try

chris....@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 7:54:59 AM7/31/21
to mooltipass
Just noticed, it seems to be the same as issue  #263 with a few more to check

mathieu...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2021, 12:20:00 PM7/31/21
to chris....@gmail.com, mooltipass
Did you update your device to bundle v3? I know we tackled some aspect of this issue.
Why use us international and not US out of curiosity?

chris....@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2021, 8:52:01 PM8/10/21
to mooltipass
I actually just changed back to USA keyboard and manually updated the credentials that I had created since I got my new BLE and changed keyboard. not sure why I even changed it..

I've since updated to bundle 3, however changing to US international still shows the same issue with the space after the characters listed above

mathieu...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2021, 3:37:09 AM8/11/21
to chris....@gmail.com, mooltipass
I seem to not be able to reproduce your issue... did you configure anything regarding compose keys?
We've seen this issue on some Linux distributions, where dead key behavior is different.