Problems with sample.txt, and with matching questions

Brian

Nov 5, 2010, 6:22:57 PM11/5/10
to moodle xml converter
I've been playing with this cool tool. I've run into a couple of
problems.

The file sample.txt (http://moodle.site5.com/info/instructions - at
the bottom of the Question Format Examples section) fails with several
errors.

1) there are extraneous line breaks at line 21

2) the converter does not like the fact that question 2 has 4 options
but only 3 feedback entries. It seems to me that it should accept
this condition - perhaps with a warning. It shouldn't be an error.

3) I can't make the "match" format work. Pasting the sample match
question into sample.txt causes an error that there is "No answer".

4) I'm confused by the behavior of the "Parser option". Based on the
notes in the right margin, I would expect that sample.txt should work
with the regex: ^(\d+)\s*[\)\.](.+) - the first one in the selector
list. But that causes an error in parsing a couple of the questions.
Using the second regex: ^([a-z])\s*[\)\.](.+) - works, but it
shouldn't - it's looking for letters instead of numbers. Perhaps the
selector labels are switched?

Please let me know when you've looked at these. I'll be happy to do
some testing for you.

bkg

br...@briangray.org