Problems with XML converter regarding matching quiz

Joe Berrios

Dec 28, 2010, 9:56:00 AM12/28/10
to moodle xml converter
I tried several iterations of the following text to create a matching
question. I eventually just created them manually in moodle. I would
appreciate any comments or observations. Here goes my text:
matching
Complete the table by filling in the appropriate layer of the OSI or
hub, switch, or router device
1. This device sends and receives information about the Network layer.
match: Router
2. This layer creates a virtual circuit before transmitting between
two end stations.
match: Transport
3. A layer-3 switch or multilayer switch
match: Router
4. This device uses hardware addresses to filter a network.
match: Bridge or switch
5. Ethernet is defined at these layers.
match: Data Link and Physical
6. This layer supports flow control and sequencing.
match: Transport
7. This device can measure the distance to a remote network.
match: Router
8. Logical addressing is used at this layer.
match: Network
9. Hardware addresses are defined at this layer.
match: Data Link (MAC sublayer)
10. This device creates one big collision domain and one large
broadcast domain.
match: Hub
11. This device creates many smaller collision domains, but the
network is still one large broadcast domain.
match: Switch or bridge
12. This device can never run full duplex.
match: Hub
13. This device breaks up collision domains and broadcast domains.
match: Router