Problems with creating a matching question

sks

Oct 22, 2010, 7:31:55 PM10/22/10
to moodle xml converter
I am trying to follow your directions for converting text to a
matching question xml.

this is what has occurred--
Matching
Decide whether each example given below is describing conduction,
convection, or Radiation
1. Getting a sunburn.
Matching: radiation
2. Burning your finger by touching a hot stove.
Matching: conduction
3. Cooling your face by standing in front of an electric fan.
Matching: convection
4. The sand on the beach gets hot on a summer day.
Matching: radiation
5. You put an extra blanket on your bed to keep warm at night.
Matching: convection

This gives me a matching question it puts all the text into the
description block see preview--
matching
Decide whether each example given below is describing conduction,
convection, or...
Decide whether each example given below is describing conduction,
convection, or Radiation 1. Getting a sunburn. Matching: radiation 2.
Burning your finger by touching a hot stove. Matching: conduction 3.
Cooling your face by standing in front of an electric fan. Matching:
convection 4. The sand on the beach gets hot on a summer day.
Matching: radiation 5. You put an extra blanket on your bed to keep
warm at night. Matching: convection

When i do this, this occurs--
Matching
Decide whether each example given below is describing conduction,
convection, or Radiation
1. Getting a sunburn.
Match: radiation
2. Burning your finger by touching a hot stove.
Match: conduction
3. Cooling your face by standing in front of an electric fan.
Match: convection
4. The sand on the beach gets hot on a summer day.
Match: radiation
5. You put an extra blanket on your bed to keep warm at night.
Match: convection

This gives me a matching question but with parsar errors, see
preview--
matching
Decide whether each example given below is describing conduction,
convection, or...
Decide whether each example given below is describing conduction,
convection, or Radiation 1. Getting a sunburn.

Errors

Parsing error at line 5: 2. Burning your finger by touching a hot
stove.
Parsing error at line 7: 3. Cooling your face by standing in front of
an electric fan.
Parsing error at line 9: 4. The sand on the beach gets hot on a summer
day.
Parsing error at line 11: 5. You put an extra blanket on your bed to
keep warm at night.

Can you provide any help? I have tried your help section already.

Thank you,

Don Cowper

Nov 19, 2010, 6:36:55 PM11/19/10
to moodle xml converter
Hey SKS:

I hope you have discovered your problem before now. You have used the
word "matching" instead of "match" in making your matching questions
(lower case may also be important). Also it looks like you might have
a tab after your numbers. This should be only one space. Hope this
helps. ... Don