Re: [MC] Re: An Overview of Metacello ... repository lists

Dale Henrichs

Aug 26, 2009, 5:57:05 PM8/26/09
to montice...@googlegroups.com

----- "stephane ducasse" <stephane...@gmail.com> wrote:

| - When you specify a list for repositories is it not dangerous since
|
| MC does not inforce
| unique number accross repositories?

In practice, I haven't had that problem, but in general you are absolutely correct that it _could_ be a problem.

The authorInitial/authorName is usually enough to disambiguate things. It is possible to specify a repository associated with a particular package for a version if you do happen to run into the problem in real life.

In GLASS, I use multiple repositories for things like Pier, Seaside and Magritte, where some of the packages come from the GemSource repository and some of the packages come from project repository. The odds of identcally named packages in these cases are quite low not to mention that I try to add a unique extension to the package name when I commit a platform-specific package.

Dale

Julian Fitzell

Aug 27, 2009, 10:43:12 AM8/27/09
to montice...@googlegroups.com

Don't MC packages have a UUID though? Maybe you should support
specifying that as well?

Julian

Dale Henrichs

Aug 28, 2009, 12:01:50 PM8/28/09